Should I Go To The Prom?

You know Simple Singhni,

The way you are talking that we should not go to prom, etc was okay, but the minute you said we are "MAKING ALL SIKHS LOOK BAD FOR GOING TO PROM" just cross the limits. I am really ticked off now, who the hell are you to tell us that we are making Sikhs look bad by going to Prom? You know what, okay I'll give it to you for a mintue. Let's not go to prom, and you know what also let's stop going to school, let's stop working, let's stop all communications gaps, and sit at home in a corner and jaap naam all day, happy? I hate to break it to you, but there is something called a "life" and all the Gurus, FORGET anybody else, said it is perfectly doable to live in something we humans call a "society" and reach your so called "sachkhand". How do you know going to the Prom is going to stop people from jaaping Waheguru in their minds when you refuse to go, and first of all haven't even went. IF it is a clean prom, what's wrong with it? I am sorry, but there you are not going to die by having a little bit of fun and at the same time remember Akal Purakh in your head at times. They way you described it, I am getting the perception that you want to segregate your self from society and sit in a corner and jaap naam all day, but little do you realize that we have bills to pay, we have children to feed, we have siblings to look after, we have gym to go to, we have studies to do, all this WITH Akal Purakh in our heads. Its' not only Naam Japna that is important, its' also Kirat Karna, and Vand Ke Sakhna. Don't forget before all this we are humans, and humans are subject to feelings which also INCLUDES happiness, different people have different ways of achieving happiness, so are you saying their way is wrong, and only ONE way is right (not an insult but a comment). You know I am getting sick and tired of this, forget it, the dude never even went to Prom so I don't even care anymore....you guys be happy with your views.

Akal Sahai!

VJKK VJKF

DO NOT GO 2 THIS PROM, ALL THOSE MANZ WHO R SAYING GO 2 THE PROM WHAT THE HELL IS RONG WITH U?

Dude, what is wrong with you? Can't you talk in a more civilized manner? You've honestly lost the respect that I had for you. You seriously really speaking very weird lately. rolleyes.gif

Finally!...

Someone who agrees with my points of view..

And i agree with veerjees last few statements. Whatever lets just stop talking about it its useless.. we're all just fighting now.. but dont isolate yourselves people! Its not the way!!

Guest Khalsa Productions

edit

Why do people always write edit??

either to increase their post count or they have edited a previous post, and its not possible to delete posts on this forum.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

sorry I wrote something that might have offended 1 person here so I had to edit, and I just did it on another post please forgive me I'm really sorry pray.gif

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

your right im no one.

Thats just my opinion bhai sahib, sorry if i did offend you. I don't understand...not going to the prom is not cutting all communication links with society..you can still go to work.. talk to people and everything..how can a prom be clean when ther is music playing that hasnt any revelance to sikhi? How do you think other gursikhs that don't have proms have a link the society! Ok, it is possible to jap naam while anywhere.. but u know what, me for one, havnt got that much of a high jeevan tht i can do that.. I think we need reminding of what jaaping naam actually is! aakaa jeevaa visreh man jao, AKAN OKHA SAACHA NAO! sooo.. you're saying when you do paath and jap naam, you do it with ik man ik chit? (bow)

Well anyway if you think your jeevan is that high that you can control your mind...then go ahead... go to all the proms you want... they wont affect you. Annd.. yes, we are meant to live in this world.. do all the things we NEED and we are also meant to florish out of it.. lyk a lilly, not being affected by maya.

If we cant keep aat pehar naam.. and naam jap now even while we are writing these posts.. how are we gonna naam jap at a prom..??!

Like i sed this is jus my view..you myt not agree with it. My knowledge only goes so far.. which is not far at all..! oh and if you are getting the impression that i wanna sit in a corner and naam jap..haha.. i defoo gave the wrong impression! obv thats wrong. We just need to remember why we are here huna.. if you feel you are going to get closer to god by going to a prom then GOO! bt i doubt it mate.

pehee prapat manukh dehariya, gobind milan kee eho teree bariya!

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

1st of all i agree 100% with simple singni, you lot are saying go prom, how can not going 2 one prom can stop communication gaps! liek i sed its up 2 people 2 go!!!! but think about ur surroundings innit ur in!

ALSO HELL IS NOT A SWEAR WORD!!! i REPEAT HELL IS NOT A SWEAR WORD!!

also i garantee trying 2 jaap naam with every breath in a prom where manmat activities is going on u tell me if its achievable!!

safe

ADMIN please close as the person who was invited 2 this prom aint going no more anyway!loooooool

VJKK VJKF

VAHEGUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I went to my highschool prom the year before I graduated, when I wasn't interested in Sikhi at all. It was complete manmat and even as a complete manmukh, I felt out of place and regretted going. It was like being in a club and clubbing isn't exactly an activity inline with Gurmat. The following year when it was my graduation, I decided against going to the prom and attended a Gurmat retreat instead, which totally changed my life. If I had gone to the prom that year, I wouldn't be a Sikh today.

I completely agree with Simple Singhani who has bluntly laid out the truth of the matter. A Gursikh doesn't belong in a club-like atmosphere. Prom isn't a big deal and you won't be missing out on much. In fact, if you don't go, you won't be the only one who skips it. Lots of people don't go because it's "not their thing". Prom is most definately not a Gursikh's thing. Use your time wisely -- you never know what wasting a WHOLE night of your life will cost you in the long run...for me, it could have cost me the chance to ever come into Sikhi.

ok uhhhh i dont know wat kinda proms you guys have. the one i had was nice and formal, i kinda wish i had taken my parents there

loll well the one i had was formal but there was still loadsa booze n bad stuff going on behind closed doors. the fact of the matter is tho, that most people, most likely all people, will have to face this kinda crap at some point in life, ive been around it for ages at uni n although i began to detest going out and all ppl that did go out n behave in a generally unsikh way, if ur with someone that u know will be there for u and doesnt make u sick, theres no reason to go and face reality, and lets face it booze n drugs are a hugeeee part of todays reality. the gurus had to deal with evil moguls n we've gtta deal with the stench of alcohol and meat! lol if u can get thru it and come out as strong as ever, u know ur defo a strong sikh. the gurus said we need to live reality and they faced sinful people and situations every day but instead of judging they tried to conform them in a roundabout way. we need more good influence in society and who knows, someone may be there who will realise theyre messing up and follow ur good example, that happened to me. at least ull go with the chancee that u may potentially make a difference to at least one persons life.

if that aint a good reason i dont know what is! lol. GOOO!

ok uhhhh i dont know wat kinda proms you guys have. the one i had was nice and formal, i kinda wish i had taken my parents there

loll well the one i had was formal but there was still loadsa booze n bad stuff going on behind closed doors. the fact of the matter is tho, that most people, most likely all people, will have to face this kinda crap at some point in life, ive been around it for ages at uni n although i began to detest going out and all ppl that did go out n behave in a generally unsikh way, if ur with someone that u know will be there for u and doesnt make u sick, theres no reason NOT to go and face reality, and lets face it booze n drugs are a hugeeee part of todays reality. the gurus had to deal with evil moguls n we've gtta deal with the stench of alcohol and meat! lol if u can get thru it and come out as strong as ever, u know ur defo a strong sikh. the gurus said we need to live reality and they faced sinful people and situations every day but instead of judging they tried to conform them in a roundabout way. we need more good influence in society and who knows, someone may be there who will realise theyre messing up and follow ur good example, that happened to me. at least ull go with the chancee that u may potentially make a difference to at least one persons life.

if that aint a good reason i dont know what is! lol. GOOO!

i meant to put the underlined word in the last post lol! read this one instead!