Ardaas

Guest lost

vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru je ke fateh

this a bit of a silly question i knw, bt...... jus wonderin

when u do ardaas after doin paat, u knw how u ask for help an stuuf at the end of ardaas frm guru jee..

well guru jee already knws everything, he can read our minds, since he did create us. he knws if we in dukh, an if we need help, so is it necceassary we talk to guru jee at the end of ardaas, tellin guru jee hw we feel, like, help an guidance we need with sikhi, an problems we hav in life.

im not complaining that it takes up my time, well i suppose i am.

cuz id there for hours at the end of ardaas.

cuz i sometimes say things to guru anyways, bt when i repeat all this in ardaas, i feel like, well guru jee already knws.

i used to say it all after ardaas, bt i dno, its too hard now, iv gone too slakk i suppose tats why?

help me out, dno wht me doin, wht do u lot think? i dnt knw anything any more

i feel like me lost my connection with guru jee, it reeli hurts

ardaas is that connection with guruji where we can really say anything that comes to mind. its a way of "letting it out" so to speak.

my mom always says that Baba Isher Singh Jee RaraSahib wale used to say that how will a mom know that her child needs milk if the child doesnt cry for it. i konw wat u thinking, guruji knows everything but that still doesnt stop us from asking now does it? and it really shouldn't guruji is the giver of everything and we as sikhs must ask from only guruji and no one else.

bottom line is ardaas is a way for me to talk to my guruji in a way that i feel most comfortable in, this worldly langugage.

Guest s133k_s1kh

When you do ardass on your own then asking for stuff at the end is okie but what goes in the gurudawars after the ardass is a bit too much. Sometimes its longer then the usual ardass.

We had our granthi do ardass for a kid on his birthday. Granthi was like " Guru Maharaj Antonio Singh Sahota nu Gursikhi jeevan Baksho" :lol: ...it wasn't just me, most of the sangat controlled themselves from laffing when granthi said ANTONIO.

thats a good example P, neva thought abt it like that. ill take that into consideration at all times when doing ardaas.

lol, tahts funni. at gurdwaras ardaas can go on foreva. the granthis liek readin a list of names frm a piece of paper, front AND back. guru jee knws any way much money they donated, they jus wna broacast it to the sangat.

lol, tahts funni. at gurdwaras ardaas can go on foreva. the granthis liek readin a list of names frm a piece of paper, front AND back. guru jee knws any way much money they donated, they jus wna broacast it to the sangat.
thats pure manmat, listen to ardaas done at darbaar sahib. they never mention any person. its always an ardaas for the sangat and the panth. thats the way it should be. if people want a personal ardaas then they should either do it themselves or request the granthi sahib to do it at another time. basically, those names are read for boosting purposes :lol: something that shouldn't be done in a gurudwara, let alone infront of the whole sangat.

You have to feel close to Akal Purakh otherwise what is the point of doing anything then. Obviously, Akal Purakh is antarjami he knows everything. However, if you don't spell out your problems/concerns or something you want, than it shows that it is not a concern for you. Akal Purakh WANTS you to come to his doorstep. Believe me, try ARDAS with a clean heart, and clear mind, and ask for what you want. You will see the difference immediately.

Akal Sahai!