Cant Update Windows!

singh1986

WaheGuru Je Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Je Fateh

Icant update my windows; the error message 0x80072EFD comes up! Tried following instructions left but they seem to be using too much techincal jargon that I dont understand.

Alsoooo I cant update my Windows Defender either; Are these problems related?

WaheGuru Je Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Je Ke Fateh

I tried all those suggestions! Im doing this as a favor for a mate and the thing is I cant even download any Anit-Spyware software its all a big kerfuffle and the system seems to be mega mega slowing down.

Half those suggestions recommended I coudnt even get half way through as it didnt comply with the options avaiable.

Its a reletivly new PC...should we take it back to the shop or is it something we can muddle through?

Suggestions?

well i think the pc is infected with sum sort of virus/trojan or worm.. normally when you are unable to install any kinda of anti-virus or anti-spyware programs or even run windows update.. ur pc is 90% infected.

You can take the easy way out by just reformattign your computer or if you are reali reali hardworking then you can sit and try to remove the virus manually :D

good luck

install a anti-spyware program, i think adaware is free. reboot computer in safe mode, run anti-spyware and should detect all sorts of thing.

if that doesn't work, just format it. will save you a lot of trouble. its easy anyway

• 4 weeks later...