Bhog And Flowers In Front Of Mahraj

sangat ji i came across this gurbani tuk. when we do bhog of food and degh, some people think it is an offering to Mahraj.....this tuk goes against this kind of thinking. what does the snagat think of this tuk.

also how about placing flowers infront of Mahraj, "why should we offer to you, that which you yourself created?"

naam thaero thaagaa naam fool maalaa bhaar at(h)aareh sagal joot(h)aarae ||

Your Name is the thread, and Your Name is the garland of flowers. The eighteen loads of vegetation are all too impure to offer to You.

qyro kIAw quJih ikAw Arpau nwmu qyrw quhI cvr Folwry ]3]

thaero keeaa thujhehi kiaa arapo naam thaeraa thuhee chavar dtolaarae ||3||

Why should I offer to You, that which You Yourself created? Your Name is the fan, which I wave over You. ||3||

Penji

It is not saying that you should not offer anything to guru ji, but its like a cry of despair, its saying that what can we ever offer you mighty vaheguru, we these little insignifcant worms have nothing of any value to offer you. in fact what can we offer you when everything is yours. its about admitting that we have nothing and that vaheguru has everything and is everything. read the shabad below

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5171

kabeer maeraa mujh mehi kishh nehee jo kishh hai so thaeraa ||

thaeraa thujh ko soupathae kiaa laagai maeraa ||203||

Kabeer, nothing is mine within myself. Whatever there is, is Yours, O Lord.

If I surrender to You what is already Yours, what does it cost me? ||203||

We should surrender everything before vaheguru, we should offer everything before vaheguru because it all belongs to him anyway. what can we 'offer' if we have nothing! :)

as our guru we "offer" things to guru ji out of respect. when we mutha tekh and take amrit we offer our heads, when we place donations in the golak we offer money. when guru hargobind sahib ji asked for horses and weapons, those were "offerings" made by the sangat. this head, this money, these weapons were also created by vaheguru, and yet guru ji asks us to offer these back to him. guru ji has simply 'loaned' us these items and we as sikhs 'offer' them back to vaheguru.

so penji there is nothing wrong in making offerings before guru ji. we should be willing and aiming to offer our minds, money and body for the guru, to give up eveyrthing we have including our "i'ness", and then when we realise that we truely have nothing and are nothing (there is nothing except ik oangkaar), thats when we'll realise the glory of vaheguru.

Penji

It is not saying that you should not offer anything to guru ji, but its like a cry of despair, its saying that what can we ever offer you mighty vaheguru, we these little insignifcant worms have nothing of any value to offer you. in fact what can we offer you when everything is yours. its about admitting that we have nothing and that vaheguru has everything and is everything. read the shabad below

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5171

kabeer maeraa mujh mehi kishh nehee jo kishh hai so thaeraa ||

thaeraa thujh ko soupathae kiaa laagai maeraa ||203||

Kabeer, nothing is mine within myself. Whatever there is, is Yours, O Lord.

If I surrender to You what is already Yours, what does it cost me? ||203||

We should surrender everything before vaheguru, we should offer everything before vaheguru because it all belongs to him anyway. what can we 'offer' if we have nothing! :)

as our guru we "offer" things to guru ji out of respect. when we mutha tekh and take amrit we offer our heads, when we place donations in the golak we offer money. when guru hargobind sahib ji asked for horses and weapons, those were "offerings" made by the sangat. this head, this money, these weapons were also created by vaheguru, and yet guru ji asks us to offer these back to him. guru ji has simply 'loaned' us these items and we as sikhs 'offer' them back to vaheguru.

so penji there is nothing wrong in making offerings before guru ji. we should be willing and aiming to offer our minds, money and body for the guru, to give up eveyrthing we have including our "i'ness", and then when we realise that we truely have nothing and are nothing (there is nothing except ik oangkaar), thats when we'll realise the glory of vaheguru.

Nice posting veerji!