Medittation

How is it different from prayer? Meditation is the quieting of the mind and inner spirit. It is the ability to sit still and block out all thoughts, physical movements and external sounds, while listening to your inner spirit and speaking directly to God; human spirit to Divine Spirit. When you meditate, your body is still, relaxed and motionless. Your breathing slows down along with your heart rate, and you lose all consciousness of your surroundings. Once the mind has surrendered its will to the Divine Spirit, you're totally connected and one with God. Your spirit is then able to speak and you began to talk spirit to Spirit. You're able to thank God for all of the blessings in your life. You can speak to your body and it listens and responds to your requests. The power to heal comes from meditating, because your spirit becomes Divine and listens and recognizes the voice of God within you. It obeys like the rest of the universe does when God speaks, and orders the thunder and rain, or the stars to shine. Meditation is the only time in life when you're in complete harmony with the universe. It's the only aspect of life where you're totally awake, yet completely powerless, and at total peace. While in meditation the mind returns to its embryonic state, like an embryo in a mother's womb. It is in that state that an embryo is given its purpose, and we lose all recollection of our purpose at birth. Meditation is the most powerful way to find our way back to our purpose and live in total peace and complete harmony with the universe.

Once the meditation is complete the mind and body returns to its normal state. Your spirit will be at peace and you're able to face each day with God's assurance. You'll feel compelled to live each day in the Spirit and able to listen and follow God's instructions daily.

meditation comes in many forms, aardas is meditation, kirtan is also meditation, as you explained above is meditation......... im not sure if your asking a question or answering one, or telling us something.........good post, we need to focus on the spiritual aspect, and use the tools in our body which were given to us......

How is it different from prayer? Meditation is the quieting of the mind and inner spirit. It is the ability to sit still and block out all thoughts, physical movements and external sounds, while listening to your inner spirit and speaking directly to God; human spirit to Divine Spirit. When you meditate, your body is still, relaxed and motionless. Your breathing slows down along with your heart rate, and you lose all consciousness of your surroundings. Once the mind has surrendered its will to the Divine Spirit, you're totally connected and one with God. Your spirit is then able to speak and you began to talk spirit to Spirit. You're able to thank God for all of the blessings in your life. You can speak to your body and it listens and responds to your requests. The power to heal comes from meditating, because your spirit becomes Divine and listens and recognizes the voice of God within you. It obeys like the rest of the universe does when God speaks, and orders the thunder and rain, or the stars to shine. Meditation is the only time in life when you're in complete harmony with the universe. It's the only aspect of life where you're totally awake, yet completely powerless, and at total peace. While in meditation the mind returns to its embryonic state, like an embryo in a mother's womb. It is in that state that an embryo is given its purpose, and we lose all recollection of our purpose at birth. Meditation is the most powerful way to find our way back to our purpose and live in total peace and complete harmony with the universe.

Once the meditation is complete the mind and body returns to its normal state. Your spirit will be at peace and you're able to face each day with God's assurance. You'll feel compelled to live each day in the Spirit and able to listen and follow God's instructions daily.

IK ONG KAR SATGUR PARSAD!

Friend,

This has been LOVELY... thanks a millions! pray.gif

• 3 weeks later...

d_oh.gif

Shalok, Fifth Mehl:

I have not appreciated what You have done for me, Lord; only You can make me worthy.

I am unworthy - I have no worth or virtues at all. You have taken pity on me.

You took pity on me, and blessed me with Your Mercy, and I have met the True Guru, my Friend.

O Nanak, if I am blessed with the Naam, I live, and my body and mind blossom forth. ||1||

This is a beutiful shabad i think it baks up ur point NWO also i like parwinders point

meditation comes in many forms, aardas is meditation, kirtan is also meditation, as you explained above is meditation