More Destruction Of Golden Temple

palamrinder

I personally don't mind technology being put into Gurdwara's, but what I do have a problem with is tackiness and bad workmanship.

There maybe AC in the Vatican, but you don't see it. That's the difference.

I don't know what it is with Indians nowadays, but they have a habit of making things look tacky and cheap. (i.e. plastic covering the remote control, settees, chairs, tacky plastic tissue holders, plastic fruit, all-year round tinsel, tacky coloured lights etc, etc).

that electrical work is the most dipped out and unacceptable job for a gurdwara.

i might be off topic, but one white lady and her husband went to harmandir sahib. she was disappointed that its not handicap accessible for people who are on wheelchair etc. she was told she could not go in darbar sahib because she refused to remove her leg wrappings which she has because of low blood ciculation to her legs. I thought that was weird that the guard would ask someone to remove something like that that a person needs for health problems.

but technology like that is reducing the importance and significance of simplicity and ruining sacred treasures.

I personally don't mind technology being put into Gurdwara's, but what I do have a problem with is tackiness and bad workmanship.

There maybe AC in the Vatican, but you don't see it. That's the difference.

I don't know what it is with Indians nowadays, but they have a habit of making things look tacky and cheap. (i.e. plastic covering the remote control, settees, chairs, tacky plastic tissue holders, plastic fruit, all-year round tinsel, tacky coloured lights etc, etc).

I agree. Sometimes technology is very helpful but some of the workmanship is terrible. If they have to do the work they should be more sympathetic to the building & surroundings. There are thousands of buildings of historical significane around that have had technology introduced to them but when it has been done properly its in the background hidden away so you don't notice, unfortunately a lot of the Indain workmanship is all about doing it as quickly as possible for as little money as possible and you've all seen the results of that.