Mp3 Player

singhni

thanks thats really helpful

ive got a creative zen already. its been ok recently its stopped working-something about a firmware problem.and i cant download the appropriate firmware. Also the recordings on my zen always come out creackly, probably because the tabla smashing is too much for the recorder...are the creative zens mentioned here equiped for that sort of erm..level of noise???do they produce crackly recordings?

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Ok, what you have to understand is that most built in microphones in mp3 players are not very good (limited frequency range, signal to noise ratio etc.), which is the reason for the crackly recordings. You could try reducing the mic volume which may help in reducing/removing the crackly noise.

Ideally you want an mp3 player with 'mic in' so you can record from external sources. However, Mp3 players with such recording capabilities are rare these days. There were some old models with these features, but they have pretty much been discontinued.

So if you don't want the hassle, then any mp3 with a built in microphone will be fine. If you can post your preferences E.g. price, storage space, battery etc then I'm sure Sangat here can find you a suitable one. I'd personally go for something manufactured by iriver, Cowon, Sony or Creative as they are the main market leaders in personal audio.

Guroo Rakha!

Ok, what you have to understand is that most built in microphones in mp3 players are not very good (limited frequency range, signal to noise ratio etc.), which is the reason for the crackly recordings. You could try reducing the mic volume which may help in reducing/removing the crackly noise.

Ideally you want an mp3 player with 'mic in' so you can record from external sources. However, Mp3 players with such recording capabilities are rare these days. There were some old models with these features, but they have pretty much been discontinued.

So if you don't want the hassle, then any mp3 with a built in microphone will be fine. If you can post your preferences E.g. price, storage space, battery etc then I'm sure Sangat here can find you a suitable one. I'd personally go for something manufactured by iriver, Cowon, Sony or Creative as they are the main market leaders in personal audio.

Guroo Rakha!

yeh like the person above said, turn ur recording volume down, it should fix the cracking n stuff,

thanks very much :TH: