Shaheeds

Azaad

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

Ok, I just got news in that Babu actually wrote a letter to his son, im going to try and get it for you guys, so thats going to be great! Im also going to interview his son if they let me. Which I think he will. Yeh very chardikala gursikh, babu ji. Guroooo!

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

Pwalla bhaji, any luck with the info??? grin.gif

Shaheed Bhai Gurcharan Singh ji Khalsa was head of the ISYF in the 80's and was from walsall. From what i know he was born in Kenya, raised in England and attained shaheedi in India.

I used to be from walsall and i know he was the singh that started the first Gurmat Camps there and also the first nagar keertans between all the walsall gurudawara. He went to India for the first time and after visiting Harmandir Sahib and Hazoor sahib he was killed on a train by government forces and his body was thrown off somewhere near hazoor sahib while his wife and kids were still on the train.

I heard he went to india with money and equipment for the families of the shaheeds and for the singhs that were still fighting. In walsall he was and still is very highly regarded and respected cus he was a singh that did what he said and he only bowed before God.

will try and get some more info and pics to upload.

Shaheed bhai gurcharan singh was from walsall. Bhai gurcharan singh mission in life was to educate to youth and bring them into sikhi, hence the reason for the camp in walsall. The camp in walsall was started by bhai sahib in 1987 and was the first camp in the u.k. Gurcharan singhs mission was for this camp to give inspiration to other people to start camps across the u.k. and if you look around now this is exactly wot has happened. Shaheed bhai gurcharan singh attained shaheedi in hazoor sahib india in 1989, whilst on a yatra with his family. Bhai sahib was the president of I.S.Y.F at the time and was a highly respected singh throughout the u.k and to this day bhai shahib will and has not been forgotten.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KE FATEH

p.s there is a photo of bhai shahib on www.shaheedkhalsa.com

• 2 months later...
Shaheed Bhai Gurcharan Singh ji Khalsa was head of the ISYF in the 80's and was from walsall. From what i know he was born in Kenya, raised in England and attained shaheedi in India.

I used to be from walsall and i know he was the singh that started the first Gurmat Camps there and also the first nagar keertans between all the walsall gurudawara. He went to India for the first time and after visiting Harmandir Sahib and Hazoor sahib he was killed on a train by government forces and his body was thrown off somewhere near hazoor sahib while his wife and kids were still on the train.

I heard he went to india with money and equipment for the families of the shaheeds and for the singhs that were still fighting. In walsall he was and still is very highly regarded and respected cus he was a singh that did what he said and he only bowed before God.

will try and get some more info and pics to upload.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh Pyaarie SadSangat Jee Shaheed Bhai Gurcharan Singh ji Khalsa was my saka mama jee so i know alot about his gursikhi jeeveni and shaheedi so if anyone wants2know then please let me know Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh