Being Judgmental

kaur_khalistani_lioness

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

i just wanted to start this topic again...so we can see for ourselves what it means to judge others and also to judge our own selves. we sometimes are soo cruel to not just others but to the self as well. it can be very dangerous to do that.

lets put our thoughts here, learn from each other, what it means to be judgmental, is it important? is it necessary sometimes? how does it affect us, u me and people living around us, in living a proper life(life to the fullest)?

if u can think about more questions...post thm.

posting real life situations where judging someone or urself has helped or damaged u would be great.=)

and how do u cope with it,when someone passes a judgment about u? how do u turn urself away from judging someone?

i know its hard to just blab out stuff thats why its in the " gupt " category so anyone can post anything without any worries

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

yeah basically judging sucks in the sense when you start to look down upon people and think negatively toward them, in my line of work (with young people) i used to judge them and think gosh have their parents not taught them anything, why are they smoking, drinking at such a young age and so on, and then i realised that created a barrier and i wasn't able to work as well as i could with them, so now, i'm sort of like carefree, it's their life choice, people have to live their lives, we can't live it for them...but also we should put ourselves in others' positions before we form opinions or judge...all i had to do was think back to when i was a teen... but in general people need a good sense of judgement like "is it safe to cross the road yet?" but other than that i am firm believer in loving humanity, seeing everyone as equals, reminding myself "hey God created this person" (even if that soul has yet to realise)...but yeah i hate being judged also, but it happens, and when it does it's usually in one ear and out the other, 'cus tbh, only i really know why i am the way i am, as long as i understand myself and have a cool relationship with my Guru nothing else matters....also a lot of chardi kala people i meet don't give themselves enough credit...i don't mean in the ego sort of way...sort of more like low self esteem or low self worth kind of feelings, and i think we need to take a step back sometimes to realise who we are, how blessed we are, how fortunate to have such an amazing Bakhshanaar Maharaaj who loves us, how much blood has been sacrificed for us and so on...but yeah that's basically it!

we need to smile some more already! :lol:

• 2 months later...
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

i just wanted to start this topic again...so we can see for ourselves what it means to judge others and also to judge our own selves. we sometimes are soo cruel to not just others but to the self as well. it can be very dangerous to do that.

lets put our thoughts here, learn from each other, what it means to be judgmental, is it important? is it necessary sometimes? how does it affect us, u me and people living around us, in living a proper life(life to the fullest)?

if u can think about more questions...post thm.

posting real life situations where judging someone or urself has helped or damaged u would be great.=)

and how do u cope with it,when someone passes a judgment about u? how do u turn urself away from judging someone?

i know its hard to just blab out stuff thats why its in the " gupt " category so anyone can post anything without any worries

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh