Correct Date Please

We contacted someone who is pro in these matters.

-----------------------

Here's his viewpoint on this topic:

Here I take some quotes from the article “Why I am Atheist” supposedly written Bhagat Singh and try to bring out falsies/inaccuracies, which could not have come from Bhagat Singh’s pen. This document seems to be a doctored one.

Quote:

“My grandfather under whose influence I was brought up is an orthodox Arya Samajist. An Arya Samajist is anything but an atheist. After finishing my primary education I joined the D.A.V. School of Lahore and stayed in its Boarding House for full one year. There, apart from morning and evening prayers, I used to recite "Gayatri Mantra" for hours and hours. I was perfect devotee in those days. Later on I began to live with my father. He is a liberalinas much as the orthodoxy of religions is concerned. It was through his teachings that I aspired to devote my life to the cause of freedom. But he is not an atheist. He is a firm believer. He used to encourage me for offering prayers daily. So this how I was brought up. In the Non-Cooperation days I joined the National College. It was there that I began to think liberally and discuss and criticize all the religious problem, even about God. But still I was a devout believer. By that time I had begun to preserve the unshorn and unclipped long hair but I could never believe in the mythology and doctrines of Sikhism or any other religion. But I had a firm faith in God's existence.”

Comments:

Bhagat Singh’s Grandfather was a Sikh not Arya Samajist. Bhagat Singh’s father and Uncle Sardar Ajit Singh were taken to Anadpur Sahib to take Pahul (Amrit Chakana). It is not mentioned here as what prayers his father asked him to recite. The fact that Sardar Kishan Singh father of Bhagat Singh was Amritdhari is not mentioned. In support here is a quote from Ajit Singh’s Autobiography

Amrit

As a kid I was taken along with my elder brother to Anandpur for the performance of the ceremony of Sikh Baptism which is called Pohal or Amrit chhakna. It was the time of Holi festival which the Sikhs, after their masculine fashion, call Hola. I remember very well the sugar water given to us as a drink for making us Singhs and immortals, A part of it was sprinkled on the faces as a sign of sanctification. This ceremony teaches the person who undergoes ti not to fear death, and to fight against the oppressors, tyrants and the unjust people and to protect the weak, the poor, the old, the children and womenfolk from all sorts of molestation. From that day onward one has to be pure in body and heart. This is why the Sikhs are called Khalsa i.e. pure. After the ceremony is performed those having out-wardly an appearance of the Khalsa but having their hearts and sometime their bodies too full of impurities are a disgrace to the panth and to the sacred cause. [This was] preached by the Guru. On the Hola festival a red colour substance known as Gulal was thrown on the faces and clothes of people joining the festival. It appeared quite lovely to see people with new clothes, faces and bodies besmeared with the red colour, going to Anandpur on a festival for the ceremony of Pohal. Our family from the time of the tenth Guru always took the male members there.

full article will be up on sikhchronicle.com