Macworld 2008!

itech

1. Macs are PC's. Macs are Personal Computers. What you're confusing it with is OSX versus Windows.

Fact: Microsoft was started in order to code programs for the Mac platform, until Bill gates stole the idea for the original OS and old out to big brother (IBM). Watch Pirates of Silicon Valley, it'll show you everything you need to know.

2. Why is it that Macs are the fastest PCs that can run Windows? Check out PC World, and they've said the same thing.

Fact: Mac Pro's are some of the most powerful consumer PCs and Peter Jackson stocks his CGI firm Weta Workshop with them. The movie King Kong was made using Macs, and King Kong himself was made using an Apple application called Shake.

3. Watch any movie or Tv show, and you'll see Macs. This isn't a fact, it's a constant. You will see them everywhere if you look for them.

Macs are awesome, but seriously guys, chill out. Just cause Job and Gates aren't best friends doesn't mean the rest of us can't chillax.

Also Windows sucks tongue.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WjkkWjkfateh all

iTech paji - interestin topic :s

Sorry to go off topic

just a question which is been on my mind for some time - is Apple looking at tryina enter the Corporate market? or have theyr already done so?

i.e. servers in Companys - equivalents to stuff like Exchange Server, Office Comm Server, Windows Server 2003 NOS etc..?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

to ranz killa phaji, they already have

and i seen a mac in action yesterday it had windows on it aswell and i think ill just stick to windows and linux

mac is too expensive for what it is worth

windows is so much better

sorry but after looking at the mac i think macs are just wierd

and i also dont like windows but unfortunately windows is better than linux so my new laptop is going to be windows

WjkkWjkfateh all

iTech paji - interestin topic :D

Sorry to go off topic

just a question which is been on my mind for some time - is Apple looking at tryina enter the Corporate market? or have theyr already done so?

i.e. servers in Companys - equivalents to stuff like Exchange Server, Office Comm Server, Windows Server 2003 NOS etc..?

Apple's been trying to position themselves in the corporate world forever, but it just never worked out. Ironically, when Jobs came back to the company in 97 and brought it back to just making good pcs, it started to infiltrate Hollywood, where the visual aesthetic was appreciated, and big business, where the power and small package came in handy. Generally speaking of course, Apple hasn't been able to make any headway into offices, and establish themselves as a corporate pc.

Thanks for the SmartPaji

Very intersting - I wouldnt be suprised if Apple are not bothered about pushing out their maximum resources to the enterprise/corporate industry - cos they are far away from competing with MS in that field. rolleyes.gif

On the other hand, Where Apple are doing well, MS are struggling in entering the visual and media design market - FrontPage didnt do well.. Macromedia packages (such as dreamweaver) were dominating, and **Adobe** picked up on the opportunity and bought Macromedia.. good move.. MS introducing Sharepoint (Web Portal app) is a big move i reckon - Sharepoints awesome, but targeted to a corporate market, not to the joe bloggs like us at home..

Only a matter of time when Apple will takeover Adobe, :D Adobe being big player in the "hollywood"/ artisitic media design scene? ie.Photoshop? That will be crazy.

Though a big fan I am of MS, I do reckon Apple have a growin chance of getting bigger in the home Pc's market, as long as their OS is consistent over the years, if that makes sense?.. cos I Wonder whats gonna happen with Vista - little signs of it being deployed in organisations, as a large number of companys wanna stay with XP for a bit longer or deploy MS Office 2007 and Vista together, which is looking like till end of 2008/09..

However.. Rumours have it MS are thinkin of scrapping of scrapping Vista earlier than expected and introducing Windows 7, a new OS.. ?

Therefore - is Mac in a home a good long term solution? Mahraaj knows lol

By the way, is the Dual Boot feature in Macbooks standard (preinstalled) or is it an additional feature you have to d/l + install yourself?

Apple didn't buy macromedia, Adobe did. Apple did make one famous acquisition from Macromedia, and that was Final Cut, which has put them in a tremendous position with Hollywood, seeing as most of the movie industry uses it as their editor of choice. Apple hasn't taken over Adobe yet, but there have been various rumors over the years, and alot of people just think it's gonna be a matter of time (not me, i'd be shocked if that happens tongue.gif ).

As far as the windows 7 rumors go, I can tell you that MS has already come out saying that the earliest that they're going to release it, is 2011. And MS has a huuge history of delaying things, so even that seems a little off.

In terms of buying a mac, it really depends on what model you want. If you're looking for a laptop that isn't the macbook air, i'd wait about three months before buying one. If you're looking at a desktop, then now is an okay time to buy, but you're going to continue to kick yourself every time Apple releases a new product :D . That will never stop.

I'm guessing that the dual boot feature ur talking about is Boot camp, and that comes with every copy of Leopard, and it's just a simple matter of going to the utilities folder and setting up the proper size for partition. I've done it a couple of times, but I usually end up scraping the partitions because I never end up using Windows again tongue.gif .