Controlling The Senses

besoft

Cent percent. Veer jeo. Have you experienced any change by doing this.Answer this if you are convenient in answerig.It is my inquisitiveness. Though I am fully convinced about this.

regards

As soon as you notice an evil entering you, or is there, best thing to do is just switch the mind to naam simran.

However, i hear some people say that we should control, and not abolish our 5 evils.

You can think whatever you like. :D

Naam Simran is a thunderbolt to blast all the 5 vices. In case they try to return, you would need a slippery floor for them to slip and not re-enter your mind. This slippery floor is provided by tears of bairaag. In a state of bairaag, none of the 5 vikaars can dare to come near you. Naam Simran combined with bairaag will repel them very strongly.

Naam Simran is a thunderbolt to blast all the 5 vices. In case they try to return, you would need a slippery floor for them to slip and not re-enter your mind. This slippery floor is provided by tears of bairaag. In a state of bairaag, none of the 5 vikaars can dare to come near you. Naam Simran combined with bairaag will repel them very strongly.

And bairaag is...?

Bairaag should not be confused with depression. Its a feeling when you feel the longing for Akal Purakh and come to tears, when you feel so full of His grace and can't thank Him enough and come to tears. Bairaag is a blessing. Its not sadness or sorrow. I am unable to fully define it, but I hope you get what I am saying.

Bairaag is detatchment from the worldy things.It is a stage where one may not be considered normal.

One will become introvert to the extent that it may be called as selfish, some may call that one has become haughty and arrogant. Othersmay think that he is not normal.One may attain this kind of state if one has spent entire youth in Gurbani and at 50/ 60+ he can be a Bairagi. But there are only a few these days.

Keep your chanting and Simran on waheguru that's we can do.

Waheguru ji.

One will become introvert to the extent that it may be called as selfish, some may call that one has become haughty and arrogant.
Selfishness and arrogance arise out of vikaars and these can't come close to you in a state of Bairaag. Also, you don't have to wait to be 60 years old, it can hit you whenever Gurujee does kirpa. Please kindly explain what you mean.