Rejection Of Hindu Avtar In Dasam Bani

Inder Singh

I'm of the opinion that hinduism is not a religion more an outward reflection of external influences which manifested through centuries of successive invasions, the greek mythology of gods is a potent form of this assimilation, I think this is why hinduism in spite of its many gods seems to transcend its identity time and time again, its almost as if they take on invading characteristics then claim them as their own, with progressive globalisation you see bollywood as a potent form of americanism, bollywood should not be seen as the same as the old indian cinema, bollywood seems to be the by-product of the invasive globalisation indeed its a pay-off but is very much portrayed as something unique to the collective indian identity, I once heard ashwariya say that bollywood was typical of indias celebration of life through song and dance but india is 90% villages so what reality is she living in. The problem with sikhism then becomes the unique identity as opposed to parent ideology of hinduism which they would like us to believe.

Anyways things are changing they are not as forthcoming anymore in projecting us as hindus as we have in recent years been more proactive with our media which is good, but we shouldn't stop we have to stay awake and realise that all people will take advantage it would appear that sikhs only have that tendency to look beyond their own identity and understand others, we should not expect others to do the same.