Straying.....

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ke fateh

Its so easy to givin to the chhorrs nowdays.....

.....recently hunkaar has been giving me grief, and the thing is i didnt even realise until guroo ji led me to this shabad......

AMg 1196

ang 1196

bsMqu bwxI rivdws jI kI

busunth baanee ravidhaas jee kee

Basant, The Word Of Ravi Daas Jee:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik ounkaar sathigur prusaadh

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

quJih suJMqw kCU nwih ]

thujhehi sujhunthaa kushoo naahi

You know nothing.

pihrwvw dyKy aUiB jwih ]

pehiraavaa dhaekhae oobh jaahi

Seeing your clothes, you are so proud of yourself.

grbvqI kw nwhI Twau ]

gurubuvuthee kaa naahee thaao

The proud bride shall not find a place with the Lord.

qyrI grdin aUpir lvY kwau ]1]

thaeree gurudhan oopar luvai kaao

Above your head, the crow of death is cawing. ||1||

qU kWie grbih bwvlI ]

thoo kaae gurubehi baavulee

Why are you so proud? You are insane.

jYsy Bwdau KUMbrwju qU iqs qy KrI auqwvlI ]1] rhwau ]

jaisae bhaadho khoonburaaj thoo this thae khuree outhaavulee

Even the mushrooms of summer live longer than you. ||1||Pause||

jYsy kurMk nhI pwieE Bydu ]

jaisae kurunk nehee paaeiou bhaedh

The deer does not know the secret;

qin sugMD FUFY pRdysu ]

than sugundh tootai prudhaes

the musk is within its own body, but it searches for it outside.

Ap qn kw jo kry bIcwru ]

ap thun kaa jo kurae beechaar

Whoever reflects on his own body

iqsu nhI jmkMkru kry KuAwru ]2]

this nehee jumukunkur kurae khuaar

- the Messenger of Death does not abuse him. ||2||

puqR klqR kw krih AhMkwru ]

puthr kuluthr kaa kurehi ahunkaar

The man is so proud of his sons and his wife;

Twkuru lyKw mgnhwru ]

thaakur laekhaa mugunehaar

his Lord and Master shall call for his account.

PyVy kw duKu shY jIau ]

faerrae kaa dhukh sehai jeeo

The soul suffers in pain for the actions it has committed.

pwCy iksih pukwrih pIau pIau ]3]

paashae kisehi pukaarehi peeo peeo

Afterwards, whom shall you call, ""Dear, Dear.""||3||

swDU kI jau lyih Et ]

saadhoo kee jo laehi outt

If you seek the Support of the Holy,

qyry imtih pwp sB koit koit ]

thaerae mittehi paap subh kott kott

millions upon millions of your sins shall be totally erased.

kih rivdws juo jpY nwmu ]

kehi ravidhaas juo jupai naam

Says Ravi Daas, one who chants the Naam, the Name of the Lord,

iqsu jwiq n jnmu n join kwmu ]4]1]

this jaath n junum n jon kaam

is not concerned with social class, birth and rebirth. ||4||1||

ohmy.gif DHAN DHAN SIRI GUROO GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ :WW: pray.gifd_oh.gif

The shabad is in raag basant, which is a springtime raag and is all about rebirth....perfect for now!!!

The amazing video i found which led me to it is here...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-903529149515828668

.....beautiful kirtan from siri darabar sahib, amritsar

Erm a bit random, but it just made me think that Vaheguroo has always got our backs lol May we forever remember him as he constantly guides us and brings us back to the path when we are straying d_oh.gifwahegurusign.gif:)

stay in chardi kala bros nd sisters

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ke fateh!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use