Need Article/bani Quation/katha Against Suicide Wrt Gurmat

People often turn to suicide because they are seeking relief from some sort of pain. You must remember that relief is a feeling. And you have to be alive to feel it. You will not feel the relief you so desperately seek, if you are dead

Reasons to hold back from suicide

1. Hurting inside may make suicide seem justifiable, but it's always helpful to remember that there are ways to stop hurting. Even if you've tried to get help in the past and failed, there is a way out of the pain - you just haven't found it yet. If you stay alive and keep looking for the support you need, you will find it. There are many people out there who care. The fact is, the vast majority of people who feel suicidal only do so for a very short time. Then they get the help they need, recover, and begin to enjoy life again.

2. Killing yourself may seem justifiable to you, maybe because you feel you're hurting others by being alive, but suicide isn't the answer. If you die, the people you love will feel guilty for the rest of their lives. So if you feel tempted to kill yourself, try pulling back from contact with the people you think you're hurting until you've found resolution to your problem. It's tough, but it's a more loving way forward. However worried people feel about you, and hurt they are by the way you are now, they'll hurt a lot more if you die.

3. One other reason you may be thinking of killing yourself is to make a point to someone who's hurt you, but that's not rewarding at all. Yes, you'll make your point - but you won't be around to see the impact. If you want to tell them something, do it in a way that allows you to witness the impact you're making. No, don't harm that person. But go and see them. Tell them, to their face, how they've hurt you and what you really think of them. If you've got the courage to kill yourself, use that courage to confront your enemies and defeat them

Life is to be respected, honored and lived to it’s fullest with love and compassion.

sorry, couldnt find any articles. however ive just searched this forum and taken bits of peoples posts and stuck it together, so its probably not very coherent.

1. This human life is precious. Vaahiguru has kirpaa on us and gives this chance to us to meditate on him and end our separation from him. If we commit suicide, then we're throwing away that gift that he gave us and losing the chance to finally end the suffering. The only way to truly end the pain and suffering is to merge with him. I would suggest finding good sangat of singhs that you can talk to and rely on for support. Naam and banee are essential and will always payoff. Even if it seems to have no effect, just keep going. You just have to do more. It's not easy, but living with the consequences of suicide isn't either. Think about all the people who suffer when someone kills themselves. I knew a guy who committed suicide on his 19th or 20th birthday... his mom almost went crazy. And we can't escape our karms through suicide. If we have to suffer through something, we will end up going through that, either now or in a later joon. If you feel you can't take anything more, if you've lost all hope, then do an ardaas to your father. Do paat and do an ardaas for him to take care of you and to give you the strength to accept whatever bhana it is that befalls you. Guru Saahib doesn't let a heartfelt plea go unheard. We just have to do it with full faith, with no doubts or conditions in our mind. Completely submit yourself to your guru, and he'll take care of you. Gursikh sangat is also very important. Ask Guru Saahib to bless you with sangat. Don't even consider suicide to be an option.

2. we all have our moments when we are down in the dumps....sometimes problems get to us so bad that we feel suicide is the only viable option. I've gone through that too. We all have i guess. However, its not. Suicide is a coward's way out. And no way does it solve our problems. If we wanna commit suicide to teach the other party a lesson so they'll feel guilty for life(one of the many reasons for teen suicide nowadays),geez you can just dream on about it. Thats wishful thinking. Life goes on and no way will people feel guilty for life just because you committed suicide. Juz do simran, listen to keertan ..... look at Bhai Rama Singh jee and so many other gursikhs......it took them YEARS for their dasam dwaar to open and for them to get the rass of naam bani. And here we are expecting to get the rass of naam bani just because we sat down for a few minutes saying Vaaheguroo???Those few minutes also cancel each other out....why? cuz probably while doing simran our mind was wandering around to whats for dinner, im missing this cool tv or radio show, my best friend is now online in MSN..when can i go speak to em or damn this person at uni is such a dingbat...always irritating and cussing at me etc etc my point?????? "Sevaa thori maangan bahuta".......we do soooooooo little tan mann dhan di seva and we're literally demanding that we get INSTANT ras from naam bani???? Not so easy veerjee. If getting rass from bani and simran was sooooo easy, all of us will be walking around with our dasam dwaars open and being fully chardeekala. The path of sikhee may seem easy to tread on but its not really so. Only quality ones emerge victorious. Guru Nanak stated it clearly when he started sikhee: "Jo tao praym khelan ka chaao sir dhar tali gali mere aao It maarag pair dhareejai sir deejai kaan na keejai"Other fools like me just fall by the wayside and start complaining i dont get rass from naam bani and simran so dont tell me to do it. It makes me more frustrated. confused_smile.gif Naaaaa veerjee dont be deluded and give up. Keep persevering. Gurujee tests his sikhs.......keep trying and prove your mettle. A Singh and Kaur is made up of the blood and bone of sacrifice, bravery, humility and warlike chivalry.......dont let that go in vain for minor problems you are facing(well to you these problems may be HUGE,i understand, but ask yourself is it as huge as those faced by gurujee during those trying times???? im very sure not...) Dont take the cowards way out by contemplating or committing suicide. Its not worth your while veerjee.

3. FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND

one night a man had a dream-

He dreamed that he was walking along the beach

with the Lord and

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints

in the sand.

One belonged to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before them,

He looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed, that many times along the path

of his life,

There was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very

lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned

the Lord about it.

"Lord you said that once I decided to follow you,

You would walk with me all the way,

But I have noticed that during the most

troublesome times in my life

There is only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why in times when

I needed you most, you should leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,

I love you and I would never, never leave you

during your times of trial and suffering.

When you only saw only one set of footprints,

It was then that I carried you"

4. I have just been through thinking about suicide myself. I mailed a Gursikh and this is the reply I got. It helped me - I hope you can find sense in it!! But the only way out is to do SIMRAN and KEERTAN. Put a cd/cassette or whatever whenever you can and try to focus on what Guru Jee is saying. Let us know how you get on!

"According to gurmat suicide is a very great sin! it is a selfish act, how many people do we hurt by taking our own life!, "pey prapat manukh dehoreeya gobind milan kee eho tiree bureeya" This life is very precious that we have been given, it is given to us to jaap naam, do sevaa and we should do our upmost not to waste any breath in this life, evey breath, every action, every thought should be a positive one, Suicide for a gursikh is not an option, Guru jee gave us the beautiful mentality of TIRAA KEEYA MEETA LAGAY" guru jee didnt just give this to us! he showed it in himself! guru arjan dev sahib jee was abused too such an extreme but did not once think to give anything in cos he had the "secret" to eternal bliss! VAHEGURU!! For us to take our lives is to not accept guru jee's hukam, whatever happens guru jee does for his reason's we are puppets in his show! but the gursikh has been given through the amrit bani the power to accept all his hukam and not feel anything such as pain, all pain and pleasure are one and the same, a gursikh should be on only one track of thought, VAHEGURU VAHEGURU VAHEGURU!

We dont cut our kes as they are living so what makes us think we can take out own life, think about the penalty of that

33; taking your own life is a slap in guru jee's face, guru jee has given us this life to enjoy the fruits of his naam and we go and give it back to him and say no thanx, what a waste!"

I know that life often feels like blink.gif !! but remember, everything is in Guru Ji's Hands - our job as Gursikhs is to meditate on Him and then leave all our problems to Him.

If Guru Sahib wanted u dead... u'd be dead..

i think the real question is how much time/effort do you spend serving Guru Sahib to begin with? I've heard so many times people say "i'm losing faith" or "Guru Sahib doesn't love me" or whatever other excuses they can come up with... but people rarely put much (if any) effort at all doing seva, simran, sangat, bani, etc...

the whole world is trapped in duality, and we're always lookin for an easy way out... what you need to do is find urself some good and positive sangat, which will help you on the path to Gursikhi... and you'd be surprised what wonders it can do...

i know sometimes it can be hard when so many things are going wrong in our lives... but Guru Sahib says "Dukh Daroo, Sukh Rog Bhaeaa" ... we should be at a state in our mind where we even THANK Guru Sahib for the "bad" things that happen in our life... Guru Sahib Says to Akaal Purakh "Tayraa Keeaa Meettha Laagai, Har Naam Padaarath Naam Maangai" ... Naam is the only sustenance in this Universe... once we realize that... nothing will go 'wrong' ..

6. http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2317

mwq grB mih Awpn ismrnu dy qh qum rwKnhwry ]

maath garabh mehi aapan simaran dhae theh thum raakhanehaarae ||

In our mother's womb, You blessed us with Your meditative remembrance, and You preserved us there.

pwvk swgr AQwh lhir mih qwrhu qwrnhwry ]1]

paavak saagar athhaah lehar mehi thaarahu thaaranehaarae ||1||

Through the countless waves of the ocean of fire, please, carry us across and save us, O Savior Lord! ||1||

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2772

imhrvwnu swihbu imhrvwnu ]

miharavaan saahib miharavaan ||

Merciful, the Lord Master is Merciful.

swihbu myrw imhrvwnu ]

saahib maeraa miharavaan ||

My Lord Master is Merciful.

jIA sgl kau dyie dwnu ] rhwau ]

jeea sagal ko dhaee dhaan || rehaao ||

He gives His gifts to all beings. ||Pause||

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3206

ikau CUtau kYsy qrau Bvjl iniD BwrI ]

kio shhootto kaisae tharo bhavajal nidhh bhaaree ||

How can anyone be saved? How can anyone cross over the terrifying world-ocean?

rwKu rwKu myry bITulw jnu srin qum@wrI ]1] rhwau ]

raakh raakh maerae beet(h)ulaa jan saran thumhaaree ||1|| rehaao ||

Save me, save me, O my Lord! Your humble servant seeks Your Sanctuary. ||1||Pause||

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=881

jh mwq ipqw suq mIq n BweI ]

jeh maath pithaa suth meeth n bhaaee ||

Where there is no mother, father, children, friends or siblings

mn aUhw nwmu qyrY sMig shweI ]

man oohaa naam thaerai sa(n)g sehaaee ||

O my mind, there, only the Naam, the Name of the Lord, shall be with you as your help and support.

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=180

jw kau musklu Aiq bxY FoeI koie n dyie ]

jaa ko musakal ath banai dtoee koe n dhaee ||

When you are confronted with terrible hardships, and no one offers you any support,

lwgU hoey dusmnw swk iB Bij Kly ]

laagoo hoeae dhusamanaa saak bh bhaj khalae ||

when your friends turn into enemies, and even your relatives have deserted you,

sBo BjY Awsrw cukY sBu Asrwau ]

sabho bhajai aasaraa chukai sabh asaraao ||

and when all support has given way, and all hope has been lost

iciq AwvY Esu pwrbRhmu lgY n qqI vwau ]1]

chith aavai ous paarabreham lagai n thathee vaao ||1||

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, even the hot wind shall not touch you. ||1||

to those who recognise their own posts...sorry abt the plagurism!

i also didnt read them all from start to finish, so sorry if theres anything 'dodgy' in there.