1984 Question

I would like to pose a serious question which warrants a serious answer, I would like a response from learned Sikhs that know about Sikh history and politics, this is a sensitive issue and I no not want it taken in the wrong way, but I feel this is an important issue that needs to be exposed.

During the 1984 riots, genocide was committed against the Sikh population of Inida,

A number crimes were committed, does anyone hold any statistics of the crimes, example murder, rape, looting ages etc. Also I have read articles on the net which state that Sikh Women/ Girls were kidnapped and forced into prostitution in 1984, also in recent decades Sikh Women/Girls have been forced into prostitution who were of UK citizenship and taken to Pakistan, or of Pakistani nationality and kidnapped. I would like this substantiated once and for all, what are that statistics and what are the real facts without bias.

Also if the above is true I believe that the Sikh Sangat UK and/or from around the world should put all there efforts into retrieving these Women/Girls. I do not think I am being naive, because if most of our relatives and friends can drive around in Mercs, BMW’s etc then why can’t we get together and invest in a project to get our sisters back from these criminal, are we now that weak that we cannot raise a pen to help, if this is so then we are truly dirt compared to our ancestors.

What are your opinions ?

as far as i know these are just made up stories that just went too far i have not seen any of this incident take place or have heard of it so i have no reason to believe it happened

also are you asking for facts on this issue or my opinion? because it sounds like you were asking for facts in the beginning and then decided what you wrote was true and asked for our opnion.

well, I have spoke to some people, and they state some of it is true. But particualrly in the case of SIkh Women of British natinality being forced into prositition in Pakistan then why has'nt the UK goverment done anything , why has'nt this been announced in our Gurudwara and the issue raised to the height of politics in the respective countries?

• 2 weeks later...