Jallianwala Bagh...no Place For Sikhs?

The reason my title sound so harsh is that over a year ago i was blessed with the chance to stay at Darbar Sahib for 2 weeks...one day a couple of us from Uk decided to go and pay our respects at Jallianwala bagh, one of us was wearing full bana...anyway, as soon as we walked in we couldn't see any dastars, kind of surprising since Jallianwala Bagh is ony 100meters away from Darbar Sahib. Also we were getting alot of cuts and stares while walking around. It felt like we weren't welcome there and i remember saying this place is eery and why weren't there no dastars in site? For some reason it felt more like a Hindu place where the occasional Sikh also came.

Anyway we only stayed for a short while and trust me didn't receive a warm welcome there..not like we needed it...

I came across this article and it really got me thinking of the time i went to Jallianwala bagh and was wandering whether anyone else felt out of place there?

http://www.opednews.com/articles/1/Amritsa...080729-116.html

Not just Jallianwala Bagh whole Punjab will be soon controlled by 100% Hindu political parties. (even our sikh parties Badal wereo never support sikhs).

The way people from Bihar (UP) Bhaiyeea coming to Punjab and buying properties. They rate their population and votes are growing are scary..

Not just Jallianwala Bagh whole Punjab will be soon controlled by 100% Hindu political parties. (even our sikh parties Badal wereo never support sikhs).

The way people from Bihar (UP) Bhaiyeea coming to Punjab and buying properties. They rate their population and votes are growing are scary..

The increasing oil prices are going to adversely effect the current industrial agricultural practices in Punjab and lazy punjabis will be forced to do things on their own.

In future, there is going to be a shift towards agricultural economy and sikhs will be at advantage. Modern cities and towns are going to greatly suffer.

Punjab does not have much muslim population whereas almost all other areas of India are under attack by either the muslim population or the naxalites.

Things are much more scary for non-punjabis than punjabis.

Actually if you are in full Sikhi Saroop, people stare at you all the time. Tyar Bar Tyar Singhs are hard to find, esp. in Punjab. Majority of people are sinners, so they get scared when they see tyar bar tyar khalsa..and don't forget that to a common Hindu, a Tyar Bar Tyar Singh is very repulsive. They hate Singhs and associate all of them being Khalistani. They are afraid inside and hate Sikhs...but are very sweet tounged.

Actually if you are in full Sikhi Saroop, people stare at you all the time. Tyar Bar Tyar Singhs are hard to find, esp. in Punjab. Majority of people are sinners, so they get scared when they see tyar bar tyar khalsa..and don't forget that to a common Hindu, a Tyar Bar Tyar Singh is very repulsive. They hate Singhs and associate all of them being Khalistani. They are afraid inside and hate Sikhs...but are very sweet tounged.

Veer, many turban wearing non-hindu punjabis have a dislike for bana and khullaaa darraa as well. And yes hindus do feel uncomfortable with bana and khulla darraa and sri sahib.

INdians including punjabis have slave mentality. They have entire given up their clothing, dressing, etc and try to copy the west. Such people who cant even remain honest with their mother tongue, their culture, how can such people be honest with God ? No doubt Indians remain slaves for thousands of years.

Actually if you are in full Sikhi Saroop, people stare at you all the time.

i agree...but being near Darbar Sahib there's Singhs in bana everywhere so the sight of Dastars/bana shouldn't be an issue, the odd thing here was while you were in the bazaar you were just normal but as soon as you walked into Jallianwala Bagh (2 meters off the bazaaar) and you were alien to the people inside...very strange indeed...

Again i can't comment on someone else's behalf as everyone may have had different experiences but me personally, i got the feeling that we weren't welcome there