that everyone

check the ingredients

of all foods you consume

I always do

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, we should also not buy any animal related products like leather, fur and wool. Even if you don't eat meat, but are buying these products then animals are still suffering.

lol not just Guru Ji's saaj but also his weapons and shastar often had leather on...if you go to I think Takht Sri Hazoor Sahib, they still have Guru Ji's possessions - you can see plainly that they used leather.

Aside from this, someone once said (at Slough SCYS camp but I cant remember the Singhs' name :umm: ) that we came here to lose our past paaps and become one with the One. Eating meat can be seen as just a personal preference.

I mean, think of the animals and plants we eat as minus points. Everytime you eat something you lose a point...consumption of meat causes one to lose MORE points compared to the consumption of plants or water- ontop of the points already lost because of our past janams.

....naam simran helps us to gain those points back...but think about how much easier it would be to gain those points back if we didnt eat meat, pick/kill flowers, ate/drink only what we really need

to survive healthily etc.

Now if you think you can jaap naam that much then good on you, but as a moorakh I gotta say it's hard enough for me as it is forget having to count the paaps included for eating meat :p

Anyways it stands to reason that a pointless exercise will only create a result which is of no use to anyone...

so the use of meat/leather/wool etc. and the use of plastics, metals, wood etc. should be seen in the same light...all cause some suffering in the world somewhere...

as sikhs we should not waste or take more than we need from the earth...

my two cents lol probably rambled a bit there....