Sgpc Launches New Book To Help People Understand "ardas"

Kusco

Dear fellow Sikhs,

Hello the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, Amritsar has launched a new book titled "ARDAS" with the translation of Ardas in English and Punjabi to help people/Sikhs understand it better. It is a great source because it comes from an official Sikh body, MOD EDIT. There are great illustrations to as well. The SGPC president said of this book " In the series of illustrated books, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee is taking pleasure to publish "ARDAS". I am confident that "ARDAS" will go a long way to help readers understand its meaning & nuance."

So it seems like it's worth ones time... Punjabi and English version both available

here's the link: http://www.sgpc.net/ardas/index.asp

We often critisize the SGPC but when I looked at their website I really found that they are doing a good job to preserve and share Sikhism in its original form

The SGPC website quotes

"Sikhism

1) Sikhism is a practical religion. It does not consist in a certain set of beliefs or mere words. Religion does not imply wandering to shrines and tombs, or following austerities of Yogis. Sikhism is a way of life, something to be lived according to a pattern. Its main virtue is simplicity. There is no supernaturalism or mythology on which it rests. It does not believe in devils or angels or heavenly spirits. ."

(http://www.sgpc.net/sikhism/index.asp)

I really though these are some good principles that everyone should know.

Thanks and Sincerely,

Sunny

Anyone else with some good authentic Sikh information can post here, or with any comments.