Jump to content
puzzled

Kissing in public

Recommended Posts

What's your view on sikhs kissing in public? Is it acceptable or not?  Is there anything in sikhi which indicates it's wrong to do that?

I personally wouldn't do that, iv had a traditional upbringing and that the way I am. 

But is it right or wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, puzzled said:

  Is there anything in sikhi which indicates it's wrong to do that?

Why do we need everything spelled out for us? 

If, hypothetically, someone unearthed a previously undiscovered hukamnama that stated Sikhs could kiss in public, would you begin doing it? 

These questions are a clear sign of someone who hasn't listened to, read, or even understood, even in the most superficial manner, anything about the Sikh faith. It's Muslim levels of morality and Sharia. Youth and inexperience is no excuse. This kind of stuff should be ingrained.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Why do we need everything spelled out for us? 

If, hypothetically, someone unearthed a previously undiscovered hukamnama that stated Sikhs could kiss in public, would you begin doing it? 

These questions are a clear sign of someone who hasn't listened to, read, or even understood, even in the most superficial manner, anything about the Sikh faith. It's Muslim levels of morality and Sharia. Youth and inexperience is no excuse. This kind of stuff should be ingrained.

Lol paji I would never do that. Even if I see someone doing that in public I find it gross.

But some sikhs don't have it ingrained in their head. A few years back we were watching our cousins wedding DVD from Canada and he started kissing his wife's neck and naked shoulders at the reception party while having their first dance. It was very uncomfortable viewing! 

So for some sikhs it seems it's no problem to do that it public. 

Edited by puzzled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, puzzled said:

What's your view on sikhs kissing in public? Is it acceptable or not?  Is there anything in sikhi which indicates it's wrong to do that?

I personally wouldn't do that, iv had a traditional upbringing and that the way I am. 

But is it right or wrong? 

Puzzled Bai ji, there are lots of things in this world which are nowhere written but still considered as good or bad etiquettes. These etiquettes change from community to community. For example: Sharing a glass of wine with your dad is considered as a bad etiquettes in punjab but gorey enjoy having drink with their kids. Similarly, in our culture and manners, we consider intimacy and eating habits not to disclose to anyone but in western societies , they do it well openly.  

So there is no one word answer to you question as quick Right or Wrong.

🤓

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Lol paji I would never do that. Even if I see someone doing that in public I find it gross.

But some sikhs don't have it ingrained in their head. A few years back we were watching our cousins wedding DVD from Canada and he started kissing his wife's neck and naked shoulders at the reception party while having their first dance. It was very uncomfortable viewing! 

So for some sikhs it seems it's no problem to do that it public. 

With something like that one's first thought shouldn't be, "Evil Sikh! He's going against our religious principles!" A mature individual would view someone such as your cousin as someone who's ignorant of even polite cultural norms, because believe it or not there are many adherents of cultures -- western AND eastern -- that do not look favourably upon public displays of affection regardless of the occasion. 

But then why would you assume there's some hidden passage or line in Sikhi that endorses such behaviour? Is your cousin an authority or notable Sikh personality, whereby his behaviour is something to be measured against our dharam's norms, lol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, puzzled said:

What's your view on sikhs kissing in public? Is it acceptable or not?  Is there anything in sikhi which indicates it's wrong to do that?

I personally wouldn't do that, iv had a traditional upbringing and that the way I am. 

But is it right or wrong? 

It depends on the cultural thing... Nothing is wrong or right..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest GuestSingh
44 minutes ago, Wicked Warrior said:

Self-restraint is important in Sikhi, as is modesty. Kissing in public would go against both of those principles. 

plus the fact that engaging in physical pleasure while masquerading as khalsa means u aint as pure and unique from the world as u portray...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks   all the answers make sense. A sikh should have morals and restrain, kissing in public doesn't fit in with that. A sikh should have shame/sharam. The characters in charitropakhyan are overly lustful, without shame and are described in negative light, so we should be the opposite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

if we can kiss in public, then why are some sikhs considering charitropakhyan as not bani. these same sikhs watch gandh in eastenders and soap operas as well

Ok I'm guilty of watching eastenders sometimes 😐

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest Star

Personally what I have seen in the last 45 years. Is the fact that what we call white people western are less into public kissing then I see with brown people. I just say look away like fast forward a kissing scene in a movie. Simple as that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes why not? Come on! Times change. There no hukam against it... Unfortunately, also no hukam against sex in public. BELIEVE ME! With humans one things lead to another; if this is ok, that is ok too! Attitude.

So let all be on the safe side n go with it is wrong for couples to even hug one another, in public!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest PuzzledSingh

The most thing people find offence is seeing 2 gay men kissing in public.

 

As i saw 2 men at it in public touching each other i secertly watched it and liked it a lot seeing them !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use