What Gives A Court The Right To Define A Sikh?

Pal makan

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Gyani Harinder Singh Ji (Alwar Wale) was with us in Manchester for the last three days. It was truly inspirational to listen to and learn from his Katha. In fact I would go as far as saying it was absolutely amazing and out of this world.

Whilst he was here he raised a very serious issue regarding a court case that is currently in its advanced stage in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.

On the 20th of February 2009, the court is looking to "define a sikh" in legal terms.

As Sikhs, How can we allow this when our Guru's have already defined this and also our Guru is still around us? What gives the court the right to decide on a definition?

Whatever the decision, if it is made, it will have grave consequences for Sikhs all over the world.

As Sikhs we are being left behind now due to not being proactive, let alone reactive. This should never have got so far in court.

It was bought to our attention very late in the day by Giani Harinder Singh Ji, but nevertheless I feel that the best progress can be made if we all ask our relatives to turn up to Count in India in the day.

Giani Ji has been attending court and fighting this on behalf of all Sikhs worldwide, but it is time now for all of us to get behind him, and support him.

I hope this topic is discussed here and we make a stand against this to save our religion for generations to come and to protect our children and moreover protect Sikhi.

I have attached the papers I scanned into a pdf below for you all to read and comment on.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Pritpal S Makan

sikhdefinition.pdf