Reunification Of Punjab

I have had some amazing Pakistani Punjabi Muslim friends, and their friendship and affection at times makes me think "Why can't we all be one BIG Punjabi kaum", because another set of my buddies (and ofcourse my own family lol) are Punjabi Hindus. However, like proactive veerji exposed the ugly and unpleasant truth, we cannot neglect the existence of the mindset that declares us as "Kafirs" and looks forward to our elimination from the face of the earth. Of course all Pakistanis don't hate Indians or non-Muslims, but those who do are the ones who hold power, and in most cases, even weapons.

I got to side with proactive veerji on this one, although not very happily, because the truth is bitter.

Sorry to state the obvious, but the Punjab post-1947 is no longer there, half of it is called Pakistan, what will we gain from uniting our own Punjab with one that ceases to exist? There's no point in the "unification of a secular state of Punjab". Why don't people concentrate their efforts on fixingg the state we already have, deal with the problems in our own house before we start to take on others. Besides, Pakistan's been called a "failed state" countless times in the media; on the news, and by politicians, what will we gain from it? Sure Punjab will be put back together again, pieced together like before, but it will not be the same. Pakistan's infiltrated with extremists and scum, do we want to give them a chance at polluting an already vurnerable punjab?