Adoption. A Khalsa Principle.

Guest Stranger

Guest Stranger

Adoption. A Khalsa Principle.

WaheGuruuJeeKaKhalsa WaheGuruuJeeKeeFateh

May I be Graced by the SatGuruu.

Adoption. The New Generation. Some Thoughts and Opinions.

Is adoption, a Khalsa Instinct? Yes.

Guru Nanak adopted all Humanity. Guru Gobind Singh Jee adopted the entire Khalsa as His children. A putative Sakhi of Guru HarGobind illustrates this beauty. A brief sharing of this Sakhi as I know best. There was a very unattractive child that was born, and was actually thrown in the ‘Garbage’. Guru HarGobind along with Sikhs came across this child. The Sikhs told the Guru that this child is ‘Kuthra’ (very ugly). Guru Sahib Himself went to the child, and cleaned him, and thus named him ‘Sutra’ (very clean); as destiny would have it, this great soul would become a Great Gursikh, who was thoroughly pure (Sutra) in his being.

Many have been brought up in a community that encourages caste etc., many parents and communities, even ‘gurdwaaras’ – run by corrupt and un-principled individuals, encourage corrupt behaviours and ManMat and DurMat through their actions and policies. Many would be discouraged to adopt. What a shame. Why would I want to belong to such an un-principled community? The Khalsa is my Community. The Khalsa; True Khalsa encourages Adoption. Look at our Father, Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Just as other Khalsa Principles were sacrificed for Ego, this beautiful Principal was also lost. We will live as the Khalsa, not only through Name, but also through Thought, Word and Deed.

The new generation Khalsa should adopt those needing homes, irrespective of their colour, sex, race, background, disabilities etc. and raise them as their own. Instill within them the Khalsa Principles, and enjoy the fruits of such a Dharmic Action. Where some propagate reproduction as a means to increase population with a long-term plan to ‘take over the world’, and enforce injustice; we will adopt the abandoned and guide them in being ambassadors of Love and Peace. We will put Gurmat and Education in their minds, Truth and Love on their Lips and Shastars and Dilrubaas in their Hands.

New Generation Married Khalsa couples, should consider adopting, even to the extent of not having biological children. Adopt 1, 2, 10? How about Magic 5? We should do what we Can. When every being seeking a home has a home, then perhaps biological children should be considered.

Adoption should be instilled in the minds and hearts of the New Generation RehitVaan Gursikhs all over the world. The Khalsa is the Home to the Homeless. The Khalsa is the Parent to the Child seeking comfort. Who can speak the Greatness of the Khalsa? These children will not only overflow our hearts with Love, they will also illuminate the world with the message of Guru Gobind Singh Jee.

Yours Truly,

Temporary Resident of Planet Earth.

WaheGuruuJeeKaKhalsa WaheGuruuJeeKeeFateh

I remember a Sikh women who worked in the East London council telling me that many Sikh children were in the system, due to alcoholic/abusive fathers/mothers.

Often nonSikhs adopt these kids and that is the end of their connection to Sikhs. Truth is, Panjabis have a funny attitude towards kids that are not their own. This is deeply engrained and cultural. I guess general poverty/paucity of resources made adoption seem stupid to Sikhs in the past. Although some incidents did occur.

If we can't look after our own in misfortune then it says it all.