Painting Baani On Canvas

K4ur...

waheguru ji ka khalsa - waheguru ji ki fateh

i need some advice, i want to paint some baani on canvas - but i have been told that baani should be glass framed in order to protect it from dust etc..

Canvas is textured material that is stretched and hung up without a frame..

what you guys think?!..

also can u suggest what material would be ideal to paint on, so then it can be glass framed?!..

thank u jee

gurfateh jeeeeoo ...

waheguru ji ka khalsa - waheguru ji ki fateh

i need some advice, i want to paint some baani on canvas - but i have been told that baani should be glass framed in order to protect it from dust etc..

Canvas is textured material that is stretched and hung up without a frame..

what you guys think?!..

also can u suggest what material would be ideal to paint on, so then it can be glass framed?!..

thank u jee

gurfateh jeeeeoo ...

WJKK WJKF

I think that’s a great idea; you must do illustrations. I don’t think there is such objection to paint bani on canvas, regardless of dust.

The Guru Granth Sahib we obviously we have to keep away from dust, but i don’t think you really need to go into that with the canvas.

If it’s really important for you to avoid dust, you could possibly cover it laminated transparent paper and staple it to the wooden border of the canvas.

You will obviously need to cut out the paper to the size and shape of the rectangled canvas, and once stapled on you can give a quick wipe without rubbing the paint off, whenever dust is formed.

WJKK WJKF