Darshan And Namaskar

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

One time Subedhar Major Sodhi Harbhajan Singh Ji was posted to Kashmir as part of the Border Security Force. Here at Sri Nagar Asthan Singh Sabha Gurudwara Sahib Baba Ji performed katha which was attended in large numbers by the local sangat and the other Fauji Singhs.

One evening Baba Ji spoke very passionately about doing darshan and namaskar of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and what effects this would have on a Gursikh and their jeevan.

A Fauji Singh who was sat in Guru Sahib’s darbar listened to Bana Ji’s katha and was deeply moved. After going home he did an ardas to Maharaj begging Guru Sahib to light the flame of Sikhi in his heart.

The next day the Fauji Singh came into the Darbar Sahib as Baba Ji was speaking and walked towards Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj before kissing Maharaj’s charankamal. Instead of lifting his head back up and taking his place in the Sangat the Fauji Singh kept his forehead firmly planted at the feet of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj.

Throughout Baba Ji’s katha the Fauji Singh kept his forehead at Maharaj’s charankamal. Once Baba Ji had finished speaking some Sikhs asked him what they should do about the Fauji Singh. Baba Ji smiled and asked them to leave him where he was. In this way the Fauji Singh’s forehead remained with his Guru during Sri Anand Sahib Ji, Ardas and Maharaj’s Hukamanama.

After about 2 hours the Fauji Singh finally lifted his head. When he did so the sangat who were still there saw that his face was shiny brightly and that his eyes were red. The Fauji Singh immediately roared a Fateh and then looked at Baba Ji and said, “I’m so surprised! I never knew it was this easy to be blessed by Guru Ji. I never knew that it was this easy for the flame of Sikhi to be lit in my heart.”

From this day onwards saas giras naam simran began in the Fauji Singh’s heart. Guru Sahib opened his Dasam Duar and let him rest his head at Maharaj’s charankamal forever.

Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Source: Very summarised version from Bhajan Bandagi Da Pratap

For those of us who haven’t quite understood the morals of this story can some beloved Sikh of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj please take the time to spell them out.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veerji, thanks for the story. Not that I know the story. But all I can say that its the love. I have kids, so I can do comparison. The love you feel when kid comes to you, relies on you, have trust in you, knows everything will be ok now that mommy is here. even that little bu-bu (scratch) that hurt so much, now that mommy looked at it, blew little air and kissed that spot, pain goes away. Its the assurance, its the love, its the faith, its the feeling that everything will be allright. Thats how I see GOD as our parent, our mom or dad or a friend you can share with.

Its the connection. but its not the on/off switch that anyone can turn on.

As I might have said somewhere else, its the surrender and faith.

Jadon asin apniyan chust chalakiyan chud dende han te ih jaN lainde haan ke koi hor hai jo sanu sariyan nu control kar riha hai, taan holi holi samajh aa jandi hai, ke uhde bhaNe vich rahiye taan hee changa hai.

Sadda apna maRa changa vee asin nahi jaNde, uohee jaNda hai. So why not just let HIM handle us and we surrender and have a faith ke jo tenu bhave uhee karee bus apne naal preet na chudvai. Apne charna dee dhool bna ke rakhi, man de vich nimaNapan bna ke rakhi, EGO nu please neRe na lagaN devee, as Guru jee said haumei nave naal virodh.

bhul chuk dee muafee jee.

Fatel always Guru dee.