Baahmawaadi Media Once Again Indulges In Anti Sikh And Punjab Reporting

Guest PunjabSingh

Guest PunjabSingh

The most recent example of how the media portrays Sikhs can be seen from yesterday's deadly clash in Chandigarh between Punjab farmers and the police when Punjab farmers were prevented from moving towards badal's kothi in Chandigarh.

Of the 50,000 or so farmers who converged on to Chandigarh to protest against rise in electricity rates,privatisation of PSEB and on making a "Haryanvi" the head of Bhakra Beas Management board, about 50 or 60 must have looted liquor shops and drunk before joining the farmers .

What the media reported is :

"A big unruly armed crowd of "drunken" farmers from Punjab indulge in large scale arson and rioting on the roads of Chandigarh"

The above report implies that ALL the farmers were drunk and armed .

Whereas we have ourselves seen many unarmed old farmers being mercilessly beaten up by police and "commandos"(with AK47s in their hands) of Punjab and Chandigarh police.One farmer has even been killed in the clash.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2009/20090909/chd.htm

During days of militancy and many years after that the media used to call any arrested Sikh as "suspected militant" but now again they have started calling any arrested Sikh as "dreaded Punjab/Khalistani terrorist " although that person may be completely innocent and may even been released soon.

Any way Badal and his police will remember this day for a long time to come.

More is in store for the badal daliyas on 15th September,2009.

Guest amar_jkp

Media shows what people want to see specially the majority community Hindus want to see . And What Hindus want they want SIKH JOKES , Alcaholic Sikhs fighting with other sikh and many more.

Do people in this forum knows that as per National Minority Commission Report Sikhs after muslims has launched complaints of Relegious discremation .

One thingh i hate most is how openly they make fun of sikhs at their faces . Once my Sikh friend telling me the incident of Delhi where a Hindu man ask Sikh ice cream parlour owner about the closing time of his shop Sikh owner around 12o'clock Hindu started laughing and said wow typical Sardar time.

All this happened in west delhi In Bindra Saab Area out side Gianis shope on Jail Road near Tilak nagar . Any Sikh from Delhi knows about this famous Ice Cream Shop. Leaving with Hindus is like Living in hell.

Guest PunjabSingh

Media shows what people want to see specially the majority community Hindus want to see . And What Hindus want they want SIKH JOKES , Alcaholic Sikhs fighting with other sikh and many more.

Do people in this forum knows that as per National Minority Commission Report Sikhs after muslims has launched complaints of Relegious discremation .

One thingh i hate most is how openly they make fun of sikhs at their faces . Once my Sikh friend telling me the incident of Delhi where a Hindu man ask Sikh ice cream parlour owner about the closing time of his shop Sikh owner around 12o'clock Hindu started laughing and said wow typical Sardar time.

All this happened in west delhi In Bindra Saab Area out side Gianis shope on Jail Road near Tilak nagar . Any Sikh from Delhi knows about this famous Ice Cream Shop. Leaving with Hindus is like Living in hell.

Such things never happened in 1980's/90's.

Nowadays Sikhs themselves seemed to have become tolerant to such things.If some one like Bhai Bittu speaks out openly against anti Sikh jokes and bad media portrayal of Sikhs(go through his speeches on http://www.sikhsiyasat.com) he is being dubbed as govt agent.He is one of those who had brought these b...t..ds to their senses and no one even dared to look at any Sikh in a wrong way in the 1980's/90's.Only govt and police was after the Sikhs at that time while others never dared.

Actually these bahmaanvadi people and their police understands only one language which is "chhitarr" .This is exactly what they got in Chandigarh yesterday.It is easy for the police to beat up unarmed people.Same can be said about anti Sikh elements for whom it is very easy to tease Sikhs when they know that the law and govt is on their side and the other side is quite.By the way sometimes mental torture is more damaging than physical violence.

But when it is their turn to get beaten up they start folding their hands and ask for forgiveness.

Badal and his police will not forget September 8th,2009 easily.

When the Punjab farmers took on the Punjab and Chandigarh police head on yesterday they had several issues like daily police custodial deaths in Punjab,frequent farmers' suicides besides other issues like privatisation of PSEB,raising electricity rates and appointment of Haryana man as chairmain as head of Bhakra Beas management board.

For all the above badal is responsible and farmer leaders have cautioned badal against repeatedly blaming the center govt for his own "kartootaan".

In fact many farmers who were hitting police men yesterday were abusing badal at the same time.

Guest amar_jkp

I know many young boys from rural areas most of them are clean shaven, i do talk to them on Sikh issues and surprisingly they were aware of the situation but they dont know what to do.

The problem is they feel very uneeasy about anti Hindu comments by me , i dont know why but they still have soft corner for Hindus.

If we want to survive all this soft corners for hindus must be removed.

Guest amar_jkp

Nowadays Sikhs themselves seemed to have become tolerant to such things.If some one like Bhai Bittu speaks out openly against anti Sikh jokes and bad media portrayal of Sikhs(go through his speeches on http://www.sikhsiyasat.com) he is being dubbed as govt agent.He is one of those who had brought these b...t..ds to their senses and no one even dared to look at any Sikh in a wrong way in the 1980's/90's.Only govt and police was after the Sikhs at that time while others never dared.

Actually these bahmaanvadi people and their police understands only one language which is "chhitarr" .This is exactly what they got in Chandigarh yesterday.It is easy for the police to beat up unarmed people.Same can be said about anti Sikh elements for whom it is very easy to tease Sikhs when they know that the law and govt is on their side and the other side is quite.By the way sometimes mental torture is more damaging than physical violence.

But when it is their turn to get beaten up they start folding their hands and ask for forgiveness.

When the Punjab farmers took on the Punjab and Chandigarh police head on yesterday they had several issues like daily police custodial deaths in Punjab,frequent farmers' suicides besides other issues like privatisation of PSEB,raising electricity rates and appointment of Haryana man as chairmain as head of Bhakra Beas management board.

For all the above badal is responsible and farmer leaders have cautioned badal against repeatedly blaming the center govt for his own "kartootaan".

In fact many farmers who were hitting police men yesterday were abusing badal at the same time.

Please provide link of the video where Bhai Bittu is taklking about Sikh jokes.

Guest PunjabSingh

Please provide link of the video where Bhai Bittu is taklking about Sikh jokes.

It is some where on http://www.sikhsiyasat.com .Watch under "conferences" or "speeches".

He made references to the wrong potrayal of Sikhs in the media as well as who the heros are for today's youth and who should actually be their heros.

He didn't hold a conference particularly on anti Sikh jokes only.

Guest PunjabSingh

I saw the protest videos. But why majority protestors were old men ? where was the youth .

I think you didn't watch the coverage properly.

All the arson and burning of police vehicles was done by youth but all the beating by police was done on old simple farmers.

And it is true most of the arsonists though from Punjab were monas.