The 84 Steps Of Baoli Sahib (goindwal Sahib)

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ ਜੀ

Yesterday I had a discussion with a friend about Baoli Sahib which is in Goindwal Sahib. My friend visit the Gurdwara this year and was shocked that people believe in that, that if you do the 84 Steps your since get erased. As my friend said it's all Brahmanwaad. I visited the Gurdwara a few years ago. But on that time I didn't have any knowledge abt that place. My friend is mostly against things like that it's all Brahmanwaad. I try to think positive and say look the people are doing Japji Sahib and taking a bath to get a fresh mind. And it's defnetly not easy to do 84 Japji Sahibs.

I read today this articel from a Singhni who shares her expirience

http://www.ourtruetales.com/2007/09/20/journey-to-goindwal-sahib/

What do you think guys? Have you done any expirience there?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Doing ishnaan at sarovaars that have been blessed by Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj’s charankamal is very beneficial spiritually. Rather than call something Brahmanwaad your friend should have first humbly stood on each step with the sangat’s charan-dhuri on his forehead and recited Sri Jap Ji Sahib Ji 84 times. After doing this with full faith he would know if it’s Bramanwaad or not.

Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Amar Das Ji Maharaj.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

its not that you should do in one day ... take a room for three days in gurdwara and do it ... but yes those are the bachans of guru amardas ji ... sangat was digging a well ... there was pathar one very hard stone ... sangat tried its best to break it but nothing worked ... they came to guru sahib that its not breaking guru sahib said sangat should do japuji sahib path and hit then again do japuji sahib path and then hit again ... this is how that well was constructed ... laters it was given varr by guru amardas ji that a person who does japuji sahib path on each step he will get manukha sarir again if he is not mukt he need not to go through whole cycle again ... this is the itehas of this asthan if i can recall it right ...

Those who believe will get the fruit those who dont will not ...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

This is a coincidence that there are 84 steps at

BAOLI SAHIB.So many Sikhs and other people have

been and are still performing the 84 PAATHH of

JAPJI SAHIB and Ishnaans .In JUNE 1989 I, myself did

the same once and my wife twice.We in group of about

20 people started it at 0.00 midnight after ISHNAAN

and paathh OF JAPJI SAHIB and ARDAAS and there after

a HOLY DIP in BAOLI SAHIB and recited JAPJI SAHIB at

step no.1; then a holy dip in BAOLI SAHIB and then

PAATHH of JAPJI SAHIB at step no. 2;then a HOLY DIP

in BAOLI SAHIB and then PAATHH of JAPJI SAHIB at STEP

no.3 and so on and at last after HOLY DIP in BAOLI

SAHIB and Paathh of Japji Sahib at step no.84 and

there after the last HOLY DIP in BAOLI SAHIB ,PAATHH

of JAPJI SAHIB near NISHAAN SAHIB and then ARDAAS to

thank THE ALMIGHTY AKAAL PURAKH AND GURU SAHIBAN for

enabling us to perform the impossible looking task by

their virtue and blessings.The finishing time was between

6.00 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.by different individuals as per their

capcity to recite JAPJI SAHIB in speed and walking speed.

Though I firmly believe that this is not the way

to save one from 84 lakh jooni, but one can get enlightened

him/herself during this performance and can feel TRUE

AANAND which can not be experienced / achieved ordinarily

otherwise.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I visited sri Goindwal Sahib earlier this year...it was an absolutely amazing experience!

I'm only just learning to read punjabi, so i didn't do the full japji sahib on each step, i only did panj pauri paath. That was hard enough, i have so much respect for people for manage the whole thing!

The first 20 steps were like determination to complete the whole thing, i started at 10pm. The next 20 steps were like....its hard to explain...like a giddy sort of happiness where you can't stop smiling! I think for about 20 - 30 steps after that it had this feeling of wanting to cry, but like happy tears....those steps were really emotional! The last 20 or so steps were literally physical exhaustion.....i literally had to pull myself up with my hands becuase my leg muscles were cramping. But the last step is like unbelieveable relief and just so amazing that you've actually completed it and how blessed you are that waheguru has brought you there! I finished it at about 3.30am....i couldnt walk properly for 4 days, but it was worth it!!

Now i don't know about washing your sins away, but waheguru saved me that day! This is a bit personal, but totally true. I went to india to get married, i really wanted to go to baoli sahib for ages before but my mum said no, it was too close to my wedding. Then she had a dream where i was coming out of a massive well with loads of water flowing behind me, then she said she had to take me there before my wedding. On the last step i did ardas that my husband would be someone who would love me truly and not give me dhoka. On the day that i completed those 84 steps i found out that the guy i was going to marry was just after a visa (its a long story), he was planning on ditching me as soon as he arrived in the uk and go into hiding with his sister who is already illegal in this country.

I am sooo grateful that waheguru took me there, and blessed me and i found out the truth about him before it was too late!.....i think everyone should do it...even if you can't do the full japji sahib then at least mool mantar or panj pauri...id' like to go back and do the full japji sahib there.

waheguru ji ks khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

"GOINDWAAL GOBINDPURI SAM JALLAN TEER BIPAS BANAAYO"

Means, on the bank of BEAAS RIVER GOINDWAAL A HOLY

and SACRED PLACE ,like SACHKHAND has been established

by GURU SAHIB ( GURU AMAR DAAS JI)

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

• 1 month later...

Vaar 1 Pauri 46 of 49 of Vaaran Bhai Gurdas

ਸੋ ਟਿਕਾ ਸੋ ਛਤ੍ਰ ਸਿਰਿ ਸੋਈ ਸਚਾ ਤਖਤੁ ਟਿਕਾਈ ।

so tikaa so chhatr siri soee sachaa takhatu tikaaee|

With the same mark (on the forehead), the same canopy he radiated on the Throne.

ਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੰਦੀ ਮੁਹਰਿ ਹਥਿ ਗੁਰ ਅੰਗਦ ਦੀ ਦੋਹੀ ਫਿਰਾਈ ।

gur naanak handee muhari hadi gur angad dee dohee dhiraaee|

The power Guru Nanak had is now with Guru Angad was publically proclaimed all around.

ਦਿਤਾ ਛੋੜਿ ਕਰਤਾਰ ਪੁਰੁ ਬੈਠਿ ਖਡੂਰੇ ਜੋਤਿ ਜਗਾਈ ।

ditaa chhorhi karataar puru baitdi khadooray joti jagaaee|

Guru Angad left Kartarpur and scattered his light while sitting at Khadur.

ਜੰਮੇ ਪੂਰਬਿ ਬੀਜਿਆ ਵਿਚਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਕੂੜੀ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ।

janmay poorabi beejiaa vichi vichi horu koorhee chaturaaee|

Action seeds of the previous births sprout; all other ingenuinities are false.

ਲਹਣੇ ਪਾਈ ਨਾਨਕੋ ਦੇਣੀ ਅਮਰਦਾਸਿ ਘਰਿ ਆਈ ।

lahanay paaee naanako daynee amaradaasi ghari aaee|

Whatever Lahina got from Guru Nanak now came to the house of (Guru) Amar Das.

ਗੁਰੁ ਬੈਠਾ ਅਮਰੁ ਸਰੂਪ ਹੋਇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਈ ਦਾਦਿ ਇਲਾਹੀ ।

guru baitdaa amaru saroop hoi guramukhi paaee daadi ilaahee|

Having received the celestial gift from Guru Angad, the Guru, in the form ofAmar Das is seated.

ਫੇਰਿ ਵਸਾਇਆ ਗੋਇੰਦਵਾਲੁ ਅਚਰਜੁ ਖੇਲੁ ਨ ਲਖਿਆ ਜਾਈ ।

dhayri vasaaiaa goindavaalu acharaju khaylu n|akhiaa jaaee|

Guru Amar Das founded Goindval. The wondorous play could was beyond sight.

ਦਾਤਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਖਸਮੈ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥੪੬॥

daati joti khasamai vadiaaee ॥46॥

Gift received from the earlier Gurus further enhanced the grandeur of the Light.