Your Views On Khalsa Now And Then...

gurmzz

jab lag khhalasa rehae niara thab lag thaej keeo main sara jab eih gehai biparan kee reeth main na karon ein kee pratheeth

thats the last few lines from Khalsa Mahima by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, technically saying wen the khalsa stays true I will offer all of my support and wen it follows teh ways of others I will withdraw my assitance

I was just wondering wat you guys think of the khalsa now and back in Guru Gobind Singh Jis times, any difference?

Thx WJKK WJKF

I don't believe that the word Khalsa refers to the multitudes who take Amrit. Taking Amrit puts us on the path to become Khalsa (pure, Waheguru's slaves who have given our minds to him), it does not make us Khalsa right away. Khalsa refers to a pooran Sikh, one who has completed the training, they are very very very rare. One Khalsa can fight sava lakh.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

Lets First Understand the meaning of Khalsa. Khalsa basically means "Pure".... Now to become a khalsa, one must first give their head to guroo sahib. To give your head you must first accept that when you take amrit you are married to death and you will do anything for Guru Sahib... People assume we are khalsa when we take AMRIT, this is not the case. To actually become a khalsa we should and must do what guru sahib tells us to do, this means living the gursikh life of reht bani simran etc..

Singh# mentioned that their was more reht in those times... I dont think this is true.. We can still follow the reht today, Guru sahib made things simple and practical so that we can practice reht under any conditions...

We can have as many amritdharees as you want.. but its about quality not quantity....

ਕਹੁਕਬੀਰਜਨਭਏਖਾਲਸੇਪ੍ਰੇਮਭਗਤਿਜਿਹਜਾਨੀ ॥੪॥੩॥

Says Kabeer, those humble people become pure - they become Khalsa - who know the Lord's loving devotional worship. ||4||3||

(The word Khalsa means pure in persian)

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ