Christianity converting

Guest rsingh

an SGPC TV channel could do the trick.

True. I too reckon the answer is a Khalsa satellite TV channel. We have the material all ready. We have hours and hours of pre recorded Gurbani, Kathas, Sakhis. We have so much to show through this medium. And it will give us so much exposure.

Channels like Alpha etc, Zee TV do not really do us full justice. Except for the Gurbani from Harmindar Sahib, there is nothing elses pro Sikhi they show. They make no effort to show anything special on Gurpurb, but have an Easter special for the Punjabi/Indian Christians.

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I said this on Sikhnet last year :

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....06?OpenDocument

I beg apologies in advance for being blunt!

Lets admit that we (Sikhs of Punjab in general) have failed miserably in doing our bit in educating our own people (forget about others for now) about Sikhi. These christian missionaries promise a better life to all those who convert. Ask the old woman who was "thrown" out of the Golden Temple (i read this on this very forum few days back) sometime back. There is no lack of poor people in villages. What and how much have these "Sikh" organizations done for them? They talk about dasvandh and do what?

Someone also posted an article of how people were not fed more than 3 days at Darbar Sahib. We can't serve and take care of our own people, and now when someone else is coming to do it we pinpoint them as enemies of our religion. This is so shameful. If someone is that concerned about religion, more than human welfare, then please go and try doing what u were supposed to do before these missionaries came. How can we blame these christian missionaries when we ourselves have made vents for them to get into! People want a better life and thats what they have to offer. Hundreds of our logical arguments to convince them not to conv

ert won't make sense to their empty pockets and hungry stomachs.

The only time I feel sorry for not being financially stable is when i see such occurences and am not able to give an iota of help to those who need it. I find it really pathetic that we always need a wake up call from someone else. Why can't we think on our own and sort our problems before a third party comes and takes advantage of our carelessness! Prevention is better than cure, so why make the conditions ripe for a problem to occur when they can be crushed even before sprouting!

I am not saying that we should not do something about it. But at least admit that it was us who gave these guys a chance instead of blaming them, and now we should wake up and strive to get back in control.

sorry if i offended anyone

Guest rsingh

in an audio made by mark tully bbc this year, he intervived a student, who said something along the lines of..

if tomoro some body like Sant jarnail singh came to lead the people they wold drop every thing and follow him. sikhs arnt getiing the jobs they deserve due to there religion, poverty is growing along with unemployment.

when some one goes to many gurudwaras in panjab, if they are poor they get treated badl, insted of help they get insults. its the poor that hold a communities head up right. look at last year, that pakhandi baba who was burning saroops of SGGS Ji, a poor singh went and tried to kill him.

look at 84 and sant ji, he had a large following of the poor. we may look at them as poor but what we do not realise is they are rich inside and living a truer life then those who are rich on a worldly level.

we are failing to offfer the poor the things these converts do.

when a crisis happens, war natural disaster, etc, christian converters are the first ones on he plane to the place. look at iraq. the red cross, etc while treating push christianity o to u. its simple they treat the poor as people where as we dont.

Are there any Sikh charities that do aid work? Would really be interested in knowing about this. Do any youth groups go and do sewa for the poor in the 3rd world or disaster areas? I would like to get involved. I know Hindu groups like Swami Narayan & Hare Krishnas in the UK do this.

Otherwise, it's time to set a charity group up. I am sure we have enough chardi kala Singhs/Singhnees who will volunteer.

alpha does show some special things. but its not good enough what they show. gyan da sagar and shabad kirtan (though the english subtitles have dissapeared).

i did say to alpha to show jaloe sahib (which is only shown on special occasions, 5 times a year at sri darbar sahib) i.e. go to alpha gurbani on a special occasion (change the scheduale and go to darbar sahib and show jaloe sahib from 10-12pm)

did they? erm, no.

they say the SGPC were in talks regarding an SGPC TV channel. its been going on for years, this would show not only gurbani from amritsar but would tackle many problems the panth faces.

well they got the money, the sangat would fund it.

say what does happen to all that money the sangat gives?