Physical Fitness

chatanga

we all know about spiritual awareness and progression. We know that the aim to to become one with Akal.

But what about physical awareness and progression? What are the aims for us to be physically?

ie are we to aspire to run 100 metres in under 10 secs?

are we to able to lift 1 quintel of atta?

to be able to wrestle good?

are we to be able to wave a sword round for 1 hour?

Sikhs in the olden days keptr fit by shaster-vidya daily and fighting jangs. What shlould we be doing today?

your thoughts and if you dont mind, what exercise you do yoursleves, with dedication, and whether you do these exercises to please your Guru oryour vanity.

khima.

I totally agree with your post my friend,

It`s disheartening when we see `punjabi sikhs`at the gurdwara or where ever strolling around with big round bellys. In a battle i don`t think they will have any chance of survival unless they have a lot of kamaee but none the less physical exercise is needed without it how are we to do our simran.

don`t only eat fruits but create a healthy lifestyle;

do amrit vela

go for a jog (if not gym)

come home eat a good nutritious breakfast

do your daily routine (job or school etc.)

eat a healthy lunch

come home relax do some simran for a while.

do a stronger exercise (physical excercise - push ups, strength or stamina excersies or gym)

then time for rehras:)

eat a well deserved healthy dinner

then off to bed after giving thanks to the lord for the day.

So simple the life of the sikh.

Then over time as that physical strength increases (6 months atleast) and that nitnem becomes your love (lifetime) then I guess you are ready to pick up a sword and start practicing and start to wrestle or whatever that extra activity it is. But patience is key.

Everyone needs a stepping stone, its about mastering the art of simplicity and routine. Those who care to be blessed to be called the sons and daughters of the great guru will do whatever to follow the path.