Sikhs Defy Akal Takht Edict Against Darshan Singh

xPreetx

A large number of Sikh organizations, intellectuals, panthic bodies, thinkers and individuals openly defied the Hukumnama (edict) against former Akal Takht Jathedar Prof Darshan Singh by sharing a meal with him on Tuesday in Chandigarh.

Supping with the former clergyman at a city hotel was an action of blatant defiance of the edict, which had cautioned the Sikh community to sever “roti-beti di saanjh” (all social relations) with him. Going a step ahead, the gathering called for a revolution against the forces which were influencing the clergy and political rulers of Sikhs by silencing dissenting and rational voices. “With this meal today, we declare a no-confidence move against the Jathedars and their political masters,” the speakers declared.

Darshan Singh, equated himself with a lowly animal like dog, whose loyalty to his master is never questioned. “I will always remain a loyal guard at the house of my master, the Guru and the Khalsa Panth, and would continue to caution against any impending danger from any force by raising my voice. Sikhs need to be wary of the Dasam Granth.”

Gurtej Singh talked of how the then clergyman had stood up for the community before and after Operation Bluestar, when every other Sikh leader had either fled from the scene or was sending SOS to the Union government for military intervention. “We owe it to him for infusing courage back into the community during those troubled times.”

Amongst those present were Giani Jagtar Singh Jachak, Gurtej Singh (Former IAS), Navkiran Singh (Advocate), Satnam Singh (President of Dal Khalsa), Ajit Singh Bains, Didar Singh Nalvi, Rajinder Singh (Khalsa Panchayat), Sukhjit Kaur, Amar Singh Chahal, Jaswant Singh Mann (All India Akali Dal), Jaswinder Singh Dubai, Dr. Gurdarshan Singh Dhillon, Sikh Samaj, Gurmat Missionary Trust, Tat Gurmat Parivar, Bhai Lalo Foundation and many more.

wen my mom asked him about his bulletproof vest he got red Waheguru

its one thing wen u make mistakes n doubt but another wen u know the truth

and try to mislead Sikhs

What makes me sick is that now at 118 Gurudwara there was a meeting n all congress were bringing up Ludhiana Khand

they came to ask for votes however the same ppl wen Ludhiana Khand was going on were busy (this is a fact) in Gurudwara that day

an ardas (not 4 The Ludhiana Sikhs) but for "Professor di Chardikala" at pesh was done

wen r we gonna learn

Has 118 Gurdwara always been missionary/congress?

I thought there was a pro-Khalistan lobby there, and the Sevadaars in the Sangat there had many AKJ and Taksali Singhs?

Waheguroo

If you look the ppl in canada and the rest of the world who are behind them, there are maybe more Gurdwaras on "papers" than really excist.

They have even one man parties. Declering them selves as SIkh Kaum di bohat wadia parcharak party....

And i guess it's same in india.