You Do My Work , I'Ll D Yours

ਅਚਿੰਤ ਕੰਮ ਕਰਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ॥

अचिंत कम करहि प्रभ तिन के जिन हरि का नामु पिआरा ॥

Acẖinṯ kamm karahi parabẖ ṯin ke jin har kā nām pi▫ārā.

God automatically does the work of those who love the Name of the Lord.

A Brahmin had fallen on hard times. He was out of work and had no other source of income. He was under huge pressure from his wife and children who demanded all the creature comforts in the home. He became so distressed that he starting spending the day in the forest looking for peace and quiet. He told his wife that he spends the day performing katha at the king's palace. "How much will the king pay you and when" demanded the wife. "Upon bhog the king will bless me with a lump sum and as such our hard times will be over" explained the Brahmin. He went to the forest the next day even more stressed knowing that he has lied to his family and eventually there would be trouble when the truth comes out.

Seeing him in that state a Mahatma asked the cause of his sorrow. The Brahmin explained everything. The Mahatma said that he might as well utilise the time in the forest by joining him in Naam Simran. The Brahmin agreed. He would spend the day in the forest and go home in the evening. After several days of this he went home one evening to find his wife in high spirits , the children were merry and the whole atmosphere was electric.

"Why didn't you tell us the bhog was today?. Why did you trouble the king to come to us?. You should have taken the gold coins and pearls from the king at the palace" remarked the estatic wife. "You are the best father in the world" the children exclaimed as they clung onto him.

They are being sarcastic he thought to himself. He was preparing for the onslaught of insults that he expected for fabricating the katha story. At that point the wife brought out all the gold,silver,and pearls etc. and touched the feet of her husband as a mark of respect. The Brahmin was totally bewildered. He was trying to take in the situation and looking around for answers.

His Aatmah kept saying

अचिंत कम करहि प्रभ तिन के जिन हरि का नामु पिआरा ॥

Acẖinṯ kamm karahi parabẖ ṯin ke jin har kā nām pi▫ārā.

He eventually realised that Waheguru Ji had done his work while he was doing Waheguru Ji's. Tears welled up in his eyes as all he could hear around him was

God automatically does the work of those who love the Name of the Lord...........................

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use