Hindu-Sikh..Confusion!

gurmzz

wow what a thing your jiju said tell him this

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born into a hindu family but did not accept any of its beliefs, so he created Sikhi when he was enlightened tell your jiju that the first signs in which Guru Nanak Dev Ji denied the beliefs of this so called hinduism faith was when he denied to wear the thread brahmans wear. We Sikhs are not hindus, we do not do any hindu rituals or follow them. Guru Gobind Singh Ji was a Sikh and was not hindu, when Guru Nanak Dev Ji already created Sikhi with Wahegurus Hukham how can Guru Gobind Singh Ji be hindu ?

Guru Gobind Singh Ji also denied the worshiping of hindu gods as showed in Sri Dasam Granth, but also when he was asked at a VERY young age who would he help when he gets older his answer was both muslims and hindus by putting both his hands on the two pots (sorry if it wasnt a pot, dont remember what it is called) put in front of him.... Guru Ji created Khalsa to protect all mankind not only hindus, it is true we Sikhs have protected hindus but we are certainly not hindus.... Sikhs are a different Kaum. Hindus fought side by side with muslims against Guru Ji

Please explain to your jiju what Singhs have explained here, and tell him that Sikhs are not hindus and we deny many beliefs of hindus

Guest amar_jkp

So Technically, I am a hindu-sikh, however that works..My parents believe in both. Since two years, I have stopped following hinduism and have become Sikh.

But yesterday, I was having a discussion with my jiju, he said that Sikhs are hindus! I didn't get that. He kept on saying Guru Nanak was a hindu so then Sikhism was meant to be a sect of sorts of Hinduism. He also mentioned that Guru Gobind Singh ji was also hindu but created Khalsa later, and he created it for the hindus protection. Being the humble guy that I am, I kept my answers to myself even though I had enough proof that Sikhism was a religion on its own.

What do you guyz think abt this? Guru Nanak was born a Hindu, but he didn't believe in their practices right?

WJKK WJKF

Read articles on this issue u will get the answer http://www.searchsikhism.com/hinduism.html.

Guest amar_jkp

we are the khalsa, and we rep the oraange and the blue :)

That Just reminded me of another topic me nd my jiju were talkin abt! :o

Is it true that we had weapons under the golden temple complex...that Indira Gandhi wanted to check it..and we refused and then she attacked us?

WJKK WJKF

Sikhs are Saint and Soldiers and keeping weapon is our birth right . I dont know why people forget that at Akal Takht we worship weapons too . Akal takht is full of weapons of Guru Sahibs and Sikhs warriors . Do we have to take license from these Cow worshipers .

View this video http://www.santsipahi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102:talk-importance-and-significance-of-weapons-in-sikhism&catid=37:tv-talk-show&Itemid=73

And also listen to this katha by Sant Maskeen Ji http://www.sikhsangeet.com/albumid1100-Sant-Singh-Maskeen-Response-to-the-Blue-Star-1984.html