Granth Panth Khalis Vartanta - Press Release

Mahakal

Ikoankar Sat Gur Prasad!

Sri Vaheguru Ji Fateh!

-- Granth Panth Khalis Vartanta --

Jatha Nihang Singha - Press Release

The Tenth Master, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj immortalised their role in history at the Vaisakhi Amrit Sanchar of 1699. By bowing before the Khalsa Panth and asking to receive the immortal nectar, Amrit, the world would for centuries chant “Great great is Guru Gobind Singh, He is both the Master and Servant”. This humble legacy created by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is evident in their writings contained within the Sri Sarbloh Granth, in which a portion of the scripture is dedicated to the praise of the dual institution of Guru Granth and Guru Panth.

It is with great pleasure that we announce the release of the CD titled ‘Granth Panth Khalis Vartanta’ – ‘Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji showers the Khalsa Panth with boons and blessings.’ The first track on the CD features recitation of Gurbani by Baba Sukhdev Singh from Sri Sarbloh Granth in praise of the Guru Khalsa Panth and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Following this there is discourse on select verses by Jathedar Baba Tarlok Singh Ji Khyale Vale.

The writings of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji form the root of the Khalsa Panth, as shall be evident from this discourse. It is the writings of the Tenth Guru which expound the Khalsa Rehat and declare the supreme divine magnificence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji whom grants the Khalsa Panth with boons and blessings. One also finds in the Bani contained on the CD reference to the Sikh kakkars, origins and greatness of Vaheguru Mantr, Creation of the Khalsa, living standards for the Khalsa to adhere to and the importance of Gurbani Santhiya. Evidently, this work poses substantial importance for those seeking to understand and replicate the historically legitimate practises and beliefs of the Khalsa Panth in its purest form.

Jathedar Baba Tarlok Singh, being a well recognised scholar of the Sikh faith and a member of the warrior saint Nihang Singh community, eloquently presents this unique landmark in which he fluently elaborates on some of the most fundamental aspects of the Sikh faith. He draws upon history, tradition, philosophy and wider literature to contextualise the content at hand and bring a greater level understanding to the listener. The diversity of knowledge contained within the discourse ranges from meditation technique to stories of Sikh heroes who attained the supreme Khalsa status as described by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

The CD will be available free of charge around the world at various Nagar Keertans at Vaisakhi 2010. To participate and do seva in your city please contact: media@nihangsingh.org.

The CD will also be available to download free of charge on www.NihangSingh.org

All Rights Reserved

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Excellent work! good to see more Parchar, and wicked to see we are making the most of Baba Trilok Singh being in the country! Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing more things in the near future! Akaaaal!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Good stuff - Baba Sukhdev Singh Jee is Baba Tarlokh Singh Jees son and is a vidiarthee of Damdami Taksal, he stayed for about 3 years and then came back and forth to the jatha, they were quite close to baba thakur singh jee and always tells us many sakhis of the early 90s.

We had a video of the akaal takht sahib jee seva being done and also of Mehta Chowk Gurdwara sahib in the early 90's... We were watching the video and bhai sukhdev singh jee says ''looks theres me'' in punjabi obviously... we all started to look at who? . . . then he pointed out again, he was a small child of about 9/10 wearing a light brown chola and while goal dastaar and standing behind baba thakur singh jee in the video, it was good to see all the older gursikhs and bhagats of that time and bhai sukhdev singh was mentioning there names.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I was searching igurbani.com which gives correct pronunciation of Gurbani. I can’t remember all of it at once. I guess it relies on more practice, like more Sehaj Paths. The meaning becomes clearer. I have noticed slight variants in it. This could be because it’s written in old Punjabi.  
    • Veer Manpreet Singh, a lay preacher, claims that -Sikhs aren't supposed to worship Guru Granth Sahib ji. -We are only supposed to worship God as is written in Guru Granth Sahib ji. -We only "revere" Guru Granth Sahib ji.     He says a lot of other things in this video, some are good refutations of Hindu superstitions, but the reformers often go too far. Anyways, what he is saying about not worshipping Guru Granth Sahib ji is totally wrong. The reason is Guru Granth Sahib ji is Guru. Guru is Satguru. Satguru is God. We worship God. Therefore, we also worship Satguru (Guru Granth Sahib ji).   There are innumerable verses in Gurbani equating God and Guru. ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਡੁਬਦਾ ਲਏ ਤਰਾਇ ॥੨॥ The Guru is the Supreme Lord and the Transcendent Master. The Guru floats (saves) the drowning one. p49   ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੁ ॥ Know the Guru and God as One. p864   ਗੁਰ ਨਾਲਿ ਤੁਲਿ ਨ ਲਗਈ ਖੋਜਿ ਡਿਠਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡੁ ॥ There is no one at par with the Guru. I have searched and seen the whole universe. p49 (If the Guru is the greatest in the whole universe, shouldn't we worship the Guru?)   I'd like to ask Manpreet Singh what is worship? Any reasonable definition would include obeisance, remembrance, and praise. Those are exactly the same things Gurbani says to do regarding Guru! Remembrance and obeisance: ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਅਪਨਾ ਸਦ ਸਦਾ ਸਮ੍ਹਾਰੇ ॥ Ever, ever, I think of the True Guru, ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਚਰਨ ਕੇਸ ਸੰਗਿ ਝਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ and the Guru's feet I brush with my head's hair. p387   Praise: ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਆਪਿ ॥ The Guru himself is the transcendent Lord and the supreme master. ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਜਾਪਿ ॥੪॥੧੬॥੬੭॥ Throughout the eight watches of the day, O Nanak meditate thou on the Guru. p387   In fact, Gurbani says the way to find God is to worship (puja) of Guru: ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਕੇ ਚਰਨ ਧੋਇ ਧੋਇ ਪੂਜਹੁ ਇਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਲਹੁ ਰੇ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ Washing and bathing the True Guru's feet, worship thou them. In this way thou shall obtain my Lord Master. Pause. p1118   Could it be any clearer that we are to worship Guru ji?
    • Bro, reciting a shorter Chaupai Sahib is hardly "anti-Dasam". It's fine to argue that the longer Chaupai is more traditional, but the short one isn't anti-Dasam. That's like claiming shorter Rehras is anti-Guru Granth Sahib ji just because there are fewer selections from Guru Granth Sahib. It might not be traditional, but it's not anti-Guru Granth Sahib. I prefer the longer versions, but let's not exaggerate. Every tradition has a slightly different Rehras version. Nanaksar vs Taksal vs Nihangs and so on. The basic template for Rehras is at the beginning of Guru Granth Sahib ji. Later, Chaupai Sahib was added and Anand Sahib always follows as the end of a process. Then some sangats added more saloks to start Rehras and others were added at the end. Some additional selections from Dasam Bani were also added, but it wasn't the same ones for every sangat. The important thing is to not hate on each other for these variations.
    • Umm, so you're upset that this jatha did Chaupai the same way it's being done at Harimandar Sahib for 100 years? Shouldn't you be upset at the manager of Darbar Sahib? I'm not saying that Sikhs who are aware of certain issues shouldn't do the longer Chaupai, but there are only so many battles you can fight. Instead of calling some jatha traitors because they're doing the (for better or worse) "standard" Chauapai published by the SGPC, it would be better to change things from the central point. You can't fault the average Sikh for picking up the average Gutka and doing paath.
    • It's the same here in Toronto. Alot of the gudwaras here are political orientated and get tons of funding from the government-probably want them stay hush hush with all the BS that has been happening with India.  These guys are skewing gurbani. A complaint was sent to a ragi singh a couple of days ago in regards to a hukamnama. 

Important Information

Terms of Use