Vhs To Laptop

Hau Apraadhi

You cant transfer from vhs to digital just by using software. You need a tv tuner card at the very least. someone here might have done it before so hopefully they will post. But as far as i know, you need a tv tuner card in the pc and then you can record from it. The output of your vcr video goes into the input of the tv tuner card and then using the software provided you can save the video as avi or similar.

You cant transfer from vhs to digital just by using software. You need a tv tuner card at the very least. someone here might have done it before so hopefully they will post. But as far as i know, you need a tv tuner card in the pc and then you can record from it. The output of your vcr video goes into the input of the tv tuner card and then using the software provided you can save the video as avi or similar.

ohhhh ryt, thanks for the info, but it doesnt say anything like that in the system requirements section... :s but i have heard of that before but i thought i wouldnt need it seeing as this might do it all for me as it comes with that hardware...

Veerjeo, Avid deals with high end video editing, so im guessing this is meant for high-end/professional use. No offensive to your talents or anything, just saying! If you want to convert a few tapes to DVD, it would be better if you find someone who could do it for you. Just my advice!

hmmmm.... i see your point, but theres quite a few tapes that i wanted to put on laptop (not dvd yet unless i need to giv sum1 a copy, i just planned to keep them on the hard drive) i also wanted to transfer the video on the mini tapes that you put in camcorders...

I used a piece of hardware called "Dazzle" to convert vhs to computer. This (at the time) was only compatible with windows xp (not vista or 7). The whole kit cost £100.00 a few years ago.

I did a google search recently and there are numerous inexpensive gadgets available to do the transfer. It will be a matter of trial and error before stubling on the right one.

ebay.co.uk has many listings (fairly cheap) for the hardware.

Thoroughly check that you have the system requirements before purchasing.

By the way I wouldn't recommend dazzle since a graphic download ruined my monitor view. (I had to restore my pc to original condition).

Read the google reviews about the products too.

guardian.co.uk (gadgets) have hardware too.

back in the day i used it to transfer some videos - it's alright, does the job on a budget if you're not bothered about v v good sound or picture quality.

if you want GOOD quality videos get it done from professional or if doing it regularly get good Mac which will have all inputs and be able to handle large resolution videos much better.