Dont Feel Wanted By Sikhs

Guest hoping

Guest hoping

i used to enjoy readin posts here b4 and learning about sikhi, since i didnt know much, but some posts i have been readin not all, seems like people are makin it some kind of cult. I always thought all my life sikhi was about bein kind to people, and helping poor, dukhi, the helpless, but now i feel like everybody especially th youngsters are like we are gr8 blaa blaa blaa, and we know it all, just coz they do some research on sikhi they think they are th best. nyways thats th feelin im gettin now, coz in reality its all very well writin on here givin advice this n that, but really nobody is gona help in real life.

I hope this does hurt wat im sayin coz this is how it hurts me, as it hurts a lot, when somebody duki is told this that, n nobody has a clue was im goin thru.

i have to say there are a lot of know it alls on here, female too, i cant believe some of th stuff tht is on here, soooo much tension about little things in life, gosh sikhi isnt supppose to make one go mad, but to help them.

i also feel youngsters nowadays get so much into one topic and dont let go. Im gettin fed up people also givin th rong advice, which puts vehm into somebody and may make their life worse than already is.

Thts not wat sikhi is about, well i didnt think it was, also noticed that some sikhs, not all i have come across just dont want to know.

There is like few that will want to hear, but can they help? noooo....

i was brought up by my elders that sikhi was all about helping people but seems like evrybdy is just out for themslves. I request that b4 u give advice to somebody think abt th situation thy are in, n give sensible advice.

thanku for listening from a dukhi person...

Guest gupti

Since there are no examples in your post its difficult to actually comment properly. We often feel sad about things when we have expectations. You had the expectation that this place would help you learn and that people should behave in a certain way but on the internet people talk and behave differently.

Its importantly to realise that forums allow greater expression where people are more open and more direct with their thougths. Also there will be different age groups posting, and so some posts may be written by a 9 year old.

Also people are not genuine, some people like to stir up a fight for fun....its like how people enjoy pranking...in real life you would be able to tell as you see the person, you know if they are a child and you can tell from their tone and behaviour if they are serious. Also bear in mind not everyone is a singh. Most people are mona's and even the singhs are going through issues themselves.

Also in real life how many of us ask random strangers for advice. Lets say we did, would we even trust the advice. Sikhs in my opinion need to develop more crtical reasoning skills, just because something is written and the majority are saying it, it doesn't mean its true. We need to know who the person is, what experience they have to give you advice and the biases they may have. There are many more factors but if people went to good schools and worked hard and got top marks in their exams they would know this. Sadly most people do not have that cabability.

Also if you look at gupt most of it is personal problems....you don't need to post this on a sikhi forum..

It makes no sense to ask a random interent site, you ask people for advice when you cannot work things out yourself and then when asking for advice you don't ask any random person, you always ask the person most qualified to help you, someone who you can trust and who you know will tell you the best answer. This is really basic stuff that everyone knows but for some reason people forget as soon as they sign into a forum. One reason is that maybe people just want reassurance...but virtual reassurance will never be real. If you want reassurance seek it in your real life than a few words on screen.

Other things like - If you have been diagnosed with an illness you need to get expert advice from a doctor who can refer you to other people and not ask some school kids on a forum what they think. Depression is in the role of being a doctor so you should tell them as they can send you to other people like counsellors, give you cognitive behavioural therapy (no medications involved), direct you to support groups for bereavement, marriage problems etc..

We also must remember these problems are no unique to Sikhs. Everyone has life events, sikhs and non sikhs and their are better established people out there to help people. Other things like if your fed up of the forum....then its no biggie....in life we are not supposed to be friends with everyone. We are supposed to find people like us. I have been on this forum for 5 years. Everything just keeps repeating eg hair issue, son ran away, we want khalistan, I am depressed, I had a boyfriend. In all honesty I have not learnt anything about Sikhi. Decide for yourself if something adds to your life and if it doesn't then stop wasting your time and cut it out.

WAHEGURU G I UNDERSTAND FULLY

SEE ULL FIND GURMUKHS

TRUE GURMUKHS ARE FULL OF PREM

SOMETIMES KIDS GET BRAINWASHED I KNOW I WENT THROUGH THAT STAGE RECENTLY AND JUST GOT OUT IM 19 NOW AND I MET A TRUE GURMUKH WHO HELPED ME OUT OF THIS

DONT WORRY U NEEDA LEARN ABOUT SIKHI FROM THE GURU GRANTH SAHIB FROM VAARA BHAI GURDAS FROM DASAM GRANTH SAHIB JI THATS THE TRUE COMPANION

OTHERWISE PPL FILL FIGHT AND REALLY MAKE SIKHI ABOUT VAINM DONT WORRY G JUST BELIEVE IN THE SHABAD