Chandi Charitar 2 With English Translations

sikhlionz

To continue to encourage those who wish to learn Gurbani, Chandi Charitar 2 is available freely on

Youtube.com/Sikhi for streaming, and on www.Sikhee.com on www.RajKaregaKhalsa.Net for downloading.

It will be available in .wmv for computers, .mp4 for iPods, .3GP for mobiles, etc and any other format sangat wants.

Chandi Charitar 2: The aim of these ballads (the 2nd has 266 verses) is to inspire warriors to stand up for truth and righteousness in the face of tyranny and oppression. On a deeper level they deal with the internal struggle to control basic animal instincts. The ballads are extremely metaphorical and deeply narrative in nature, and describe the battles of Durga (also known as Chandi, Bhawani, Kalika) against many demon warlords (such as Sumbh, Nisumbh, Chandh, Mundh, Domar Lochan and Rakt Beej). Based on the tales of Durga in Markandey Puraan, these ballads also weave in the intricacies of the higher power (Akal) that controls creation, yet is also within it.

Bhai Sahib Ji thank you ever so much for these fantastic Gurbani translations in video format. I downloaded the previous video clips and took the discs with me on my trip to India last year. Some young boys and girls who were college students loaded these videos onto their mobile phones. They would listen/watch them whenever they had the opportunity. A lot of the students in fact memorised the Gurbani via this method. They asked me to pass on their sincere thanks to the sevadars responsible for this mahan seva.

I cannot find the words to express the gratitude for this outstanding seva. May Guru Ji continue to shower their blessings.