Harmandir Sahib Guru Ka Langer In Ny Times.

Singh559

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

http://www.nytimes.c...india.html?_r=3

I thought that was pretty cool to see in the news :)

"It is lunchtime at what may be the world’s largest free eatery, the langar, or community kitchen at this city’s glimmering Golden Temple, the holiest shrine of the Sikh religion. Everything is ready for the big rush. Thousands of volunteers have scrubbed the floors, chopped onions, shelled peas and peeled garlic. At least 40,000 metal plates, bowls and spoons have been washed, stacked and are ready to go.Anyone can eat for free here, and many, many people do. On a weekday, about 80,000 come. On weekends, almost twice as many people visit. Each visitor gets a wholesomevegetarian meal, served by volunteers who embody India’s religious and ethnic mosaic."

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

http://www.nytimes.c...india.html?_r=3

I thought that was pretty cool to see in the news :)

"It is lunchtime at what may be the world’s largest free eatery, the langar, or community kitchen at this city’s glimmering Golden Temple, the holiest shrine of the Sikh religion. Everything is ready for the big rush. Thousands of volunteers have scrubbed the floors, chopped onions, shelled peas and peeled garlic. At least 40,000 metal plates, bowls and spoons have been washed, stacked and are ready to go.Anyone can eat for free here, and many, many people do. On a weekday, about 80,000 come. On weekends, almost twice as many people visit. Each visitor gets a wholesomevegetarian meal, served by volunteers who embody India’s religious and ethnic mosaic."

dhan dhan guru nanak dev ji mahaaraj

jina di kirpa sadkaa langar sadaa chaldaa rahega te garibaan daa peth parega

WJKK WJKF

This article made my day...or even the week coming, should be preserved , and I feel reading it once a month will inspire one even deeply.

"Ditte sahbee thaav nahee tud jaaheaaa" line from SGGS comes to mind, please excuse spelling mistakes.

We in the west should strive to do seva at Harimandar Sahib (for a week,month or whatever) for once in a life time while living, I have yet to do it myself, pray and hope maharaj does kirpa at some point.Or is it that Maharaj always does kirpa and it's my own weakness not to make the effort.

WJKK WJKF

This article made my day...or even the week coming, should be preserved , and I feel reading it once a month will inspire one even deeply.

"Ditte sahbee thaav nahee tud jaaheaaa" line from SGGS comes to mind, please excuse spelling mistakes.

We in the west should strive to do seva at Harimandar Sahib (for a week,month or whatever) for once in a life time while living, I have yet to do it myself, pray and hope maharaj does kirpa at some point.Or is it that Maharaj always does kirpa and it's my own weakness not to make the effort.

yeah sewa shud be done at harmindar sahib

daas had the pleasure of the seva at harminder sahib last year.