A Weird Experience

Guest gupt singh

Guest gupt singh

I would like the sangats opinions on an experience that I encountered.

Whilst I (aged 13-16) was in secondary school I had made two friends - Mehadi and Feyza. Mehadi and Feyza were brother and sister who had escaped the Kosovan / Yugoslavian war. Mehadi was in my year group, Feyza was a year below. There spoken English was very limited. They had no family (at all) in the UK and were living in care homes. They would try their best in their studies but were severely restricted due to their language issues. For some reason, I would feel sorry for them and help them out with school work whenever I could.

After school, we went our separate ways and we had eventually lost contact. 8 years later, I have never given them a second thought until about 20 months ago. I had a dream that Mehadi had fallen off a bridge in a public place, the dream was very detailed – I still remember it clearly. The bridge was in a train station. I did not recognise the scene but it looked like it was somewhere in Europe, it could have been here (in the UK) - I do not know. Anyway, I woke up in anxiety and I started to recite Mool Mantar. After some time I went back to sleep and did not think of the incident again.

Earlier this week I had ran into an old class mate from school. In general conversation he had informed me that Mehadi had passed away… that he had fallen off a bridge. I was shocked, but not surprised. I did not share with him my experience. I asked about Feyza, but I was informed after this incident she went back to another country where her family are now settled.

I have only shared this experience with the pardhaan of the local Gurdwara as we talk every now and then about faith matters. He advised me that I should not share this experience with anyone else. He said sometimes experiences like this happens to people and I should just continue to recite Gurbani and not give it much thought.

I would like to know what readers make of this experience. Please only post serious responses.

Please note, names have been changed to Mehadi and Feyza to protect the identities of those involved.

Guest gupt bhenji

paaji i used to get dreams like this too, where b4 somthing happened i would get a dream about it, or b4 going somewhere or some location few yrs beforehand the place would be in a dream. It maybe intuition aswell, some ppl have this gift of seeing something b4 it happens. Like the uncle of the gurdwara said, dont worry about it too much, and its nothing to be scared of either, or to boast about, as sometimes u can lose that if one kind of gets akhar if u know wat i mean, not saying that u urself do, but some ppl do.

Its just one of those things that cannot be explained, 6th sense like. I know some ppl wont agree with that, but i feel some ppl are able to have that sense.

Just keep doing ur gurbani and let it pass.

paaji i used to get dreams like this too, where b4 somthing happened i would get a dream about it, or b4 going somewhere or some location few yrs beforehand the place would be in a dream. It maybe intuition aswell, some ppl have this gift of seeing something b4 it happens. Like the uncle of the gurdwara said, dont worry about it too much, and its nothing to be scared of either, or to boast about, as sometimes u can lose that if one kind of gets akhar if u know wat i mean, not saying that u urself do, but some ppl do.

Its just one of those things that cannot be explained, 6th sense like. I know some ppl wont agree with that, but i feel some ppl are able to have that sense.

Just keep doing ur gurbani and let it pass.

First off I want to say I'm really sorry about what happened, its really hard to hear that a person you once knew or know has passed away.

Quite a few people I know are getting the gift of prophecy recently, sometimes their dreams are very vivid and the events happen spot on and other times the dreams are vague indications of an event to come or one that has unknowingly passed.

Your dream was a very sad one, but you obv cared alot about that guy to help him with his homework and I would say that this connection is what made you dream about him. I find that at times when I think about people after years they call me almost straight away, and I have prophetic dreams quite abit aswell.

Your friend may have thought about you and your kindness before he died or maybe babaji was just showing you what happened to him.

Life is a mix of good and bad, one day we may be having a party and the next, we may be crying. I believe your dream was telling you this, while you were in okay spirits and happy, someone your age was suffering immensley.

To find god we need to understand this and put ourselves in a state of sehej, intuitive peace and poise. Pleasure leads to pain and pain leads to pleasure, for every second of worldly pleasure there is pain, our guru tells us this clearly. Start japping naam, gods name, from the heart and focus on him when you do it, focus on the guru, the embodiment of the true lord. Jaap with love and you will achieve a state immune from both worldy pleasure and pain, you will be in chardi kala or sehej, you'll be in high spirits but it will not be worldly.

A line of gurbani states that the world is poison and you shouldn't touch a single inch of it. Naam jaap will make you immune from the world, in chardi kala, you will feel true peace and nothing can touch you.

It may sound unbelievable but believe me, its not.

Fateh g

its just Gods khel once my mom had a dream that our dead relitive who passed was with her

she said she was going to a mehl (palace/rich house) in pakistan

my mom said i wanna come she said no

she was in black

my mom remembers getting jeoulous

she had an invitation

thn my mom woke up and said wow what was that

massi died a while back

she said she was going to pakistn to a rich house

................................that day benizer bhutto died

once my mom had a dream that someone was after me

and that same figure was in my dream chasing me

this whole world is like a dream