Vairag Shatak Pt 26 To 29 {English}

“HUMM SINDH TAREH MUKTADH SUNEH MUKTADH KAHAH,

MUKTADH LUNEH BAUH BHOOPAN KO YATNOH KARKE.

ATT KEEN PRASSAN LAJJA HARR KE.” {25}

Sindh=Samundar=ocean. Tarem=underneath. Muktadh=moti=pearls etc. Muktadh=sipiah=seashells. Luneh=have been found.

Then I heard that the samundar {ocean} is with moti {gems/pearls} and if someone does the chubbi {diving} into it they bring back the moti {gems}. I dived in but let alone gems and pearls I only encountered seashells. Then I heard that abundant wealth can be obtained by serving kings. After abandoning lok lajja {shame} I did that too and consequently pleased them , but alas obtained nothing. Yatha {i.e} “Dhann pavan ko jo jahaj racheh binn bhagan te jall singh budaiee. Sukh ne bahau baran bhoom gani , dharr ten a ek viratik paiee. Nrip ki karr ayudh sev pahla pir sangar mahih so ang tudaiee”.

{25}.

“KARR CHIT IKAGAR KUMANTAR JAPEH.

SAMSHAAN MEH NISS PUNJ KARTEH.

KARHOH JABB MEH VASS BHOOTAN KO.

PARR KI HAR DEHANG VIBHOOTAN KO.”

{26}.

Kumantar=kala mantar=black magic. Bhootan=ghost spirits that can be controlled via kala ilm i.e. black magic. Har dehangh=given by force. Bipootan=dhan sampda=wealth.

I have recited kala mantar {black magic} with ikagar{focused} chit{mind} by spending many agonising nights in masana {cemetery}. I did this in the hope that I will control the bhoot {ghost spirits} and get them to steal other people’s wealth thus giving it to me , but alas I gained nothing from there either.

{26}.

“IVV AUO BRITHA MAMM HUNTT SABHI.

MUHEH KAAN VIRATAK BHI N LABHI.

KATT KAAJ NILAAJ AKAAJ DOHON.

TAJJ MOHANG KAHOO ABB AAN GANOH.”

{27}.

Auo=umra=age. Huntt=naas=destruction. Kaan viratak=kaani kaudi_something worthless. Nilaaj=be-sharam=without shame. Akaaj=nikamma=waste. Dohon=burns. Aan=hor=dooja=others. Gahoh=take phall=fruition.

In this way my whole life has been wasted I didn’t even obtain a kaani kaudi {worthless sea=shell}. Heh be-sharam trishna{shameless hunger}! Why are you burning me wastefully? Release me and now go away and attach yourself to someone else.

{27}.

“KARIOH BRAHM TE JEEV , CHAIHEH ABB CHAIHEH KYA.

KISAU KARE NIRJEEV AASE TAV AASE KAVAN?”.

{28}.

Chaiheh= heh chah=desires! = heh trishna=hunger. Chaiheh=wanton , what is your iradha=intention. Nirjeev=without chetna=lifeless=jadd vastu. Aase=heh aasha! = heh trishna=hunger! Aaseh = aasha , khial iradha= thoughts/intention. Tav = tera= yours.

Heh trishna! You havr transformed me from Brahm{God} into jeev{being}. What more do you still desire? Do you wish to transform me into jadd vastu{lifeless}? Heh trishna! You tell me what is your khiaal{intention}?

{28}.

Khulasa{further explanation}:- Sudh Brahm{God} had a furnah{desire} “EK AHANG BAHOO SIAMA”! {the desire to become many , from one}. This furnah{desire} is “trishna” {perpetual hunger} which has made Brahm{God} into anek{many} jeev jantu{beings}. Since “KAHO KABIR EH RAM KI ANS”. The Atma{soul} is the ans{part} of Ram{God} , Atma Parmatma is ans-ansi {identical form/part of} thus ans cannot be separated from ansi. That is why Paratma{God} is Brahm roop{God} but “VASHNA BADHA AVEH-JAVEH”{desires are the root cause of re-births/deaths}. Under the grasp of trishna{hunger} one is caught in the cycle of jaman-maran{births-deaths}. Bharthari Har Ji says heh trishna{hunger}! It is you who have made Brahm{God} into jeev{beings} but you still do not let go and as such “kabhoo Jeeada Oobh Chadat Haih Kabhoo Jaiheh Payeleh. Lobhi Jeeda Thir n Rehat Haih Chareh Kundha Paaleh”. {SGGS}

That is why you tell me what more do you want to do? You have transformed Brahm{God} into jeev{being} but despite this your jaffah{stronghold} is even stronger than before , do you wish to make me nirjeev{lifeless} now? That is why do mehar{mercy} and release me and hold the pallah{metaphorical attachment} of someone else.