~ Discourses With Saints Part 2 – Signs And Symptoms Of Immanent Freedom ~

~ Discourses With Saints part 2 – Signs and Symptoms of Immanent Freedom ~

83722654.jpg

Before the Guru's grace brings one to satsang (where truth is discussed). It is working in the person's life by manifesting in them the many signs or qualifications that appear as they become more and more ripe for liberation (Jivan Mukht). God's grace can come to someone by them associating with people who are already on this path of freedom. Or by them getting inspired by reading a book about religion, saints etc. Basically any way that gets them towards this goal.

Next is vivek, the ability to discriminate the real from the unreal for e.g. what is atma (real) and what is anatma (unreal). The eternal from the transient and between suffering and peace. Peace is what will give eternal happiness and not temporary happiness as you would find with objects made from the 5 elements. This person's mind will continually make judgements on what is unreal and real. Eventually this kind of mind set will lead them to vairag.

After vivek one's condition is followed by Vairag. This condition involves dispassion, renunciation for the real transient world. Some people who lack knowledge of this state will make judgements on people who are experiencing this state of mind. This person will have no drive in life, he/she generally doesn't want to associate with people anymore because they know that they can't give them eternal happiness. If you ever have the chance to get company of someone at this state for some time he/she will change your life/mindset in a very positive way. This person will be care free: will have no interest in social life, marriage, job and life in general. But this person will be very knowledgeable on spiritual matters and if you are lucky to encounter this person he/she will be able to put your mind to rest and give you peace.

ਜਿਨਿ ਕਿਨੈ ਪਾਇਓਾ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤੀ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਬੈਰਾਗਿ ]

Whoever has found it, has done so in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Through perfect good fortune, such balanced detachment is attained.

As the vairag increases this person when doing meditation of nam will be able to concentrate better. As the mind that wonders requires worldly thoughts but since this person has started to have such a strong renunciation to the world their thoughts will continue to decrease. Eventually this state will advance even further.

To be continued…..

PLEASE! PLEASE!! forgive me for any mistakes. Thanks for reading! WJKK WJKF

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Link to Part I - ~ Discourses With Saints - Satsangat A Sakhi About Bhagat Kabir Ji ~

This person will be care free: will have no interest in marriage, job

/quote]

This is not a critisism, or an attempt to try and catch you out, as have heard this from other Sikhs and Parchariks too.

But, is the part I copied above only Temporary? In that, does the person go back to doing honest kirat (one of the 3 golden rules given by Guru Nanak) and become a householder. I'm just checking for my own knowledge.

Bhoojangi doesn't have to answer this, anybody can.

Also, is the 'vivek', the 'Bibek dhaan' we mention in Ardaas? I know english spelling of punjabi can vary, so I thought I'd check.