1. 1. ACCEPTABLE?

• YESSSSSSS
    • NOOOOO

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Is this acceptable?

A SIMPLE YES OR NO.

ਪਾਠੁ ਪੜਿਓ ਅਰੁ ਬੇਦੁ ਬੀਚਾਰਿਓ ਨਿਵਲਿ ਭੁਅੰਗਮ ਸਾਧੇ ॥

ਪੰਚ ਜਨਾ ਸਿਉ ਸੰਗੁ ਨ ਛੁਟਕਿਓ ਅਧਿਕ ਅਹੰਬੁਧਿ ਬਾਧੇ ॥੧॥

“They read scriptures, and contemplate the Vedas; they practice the inner cleansing techniques of Yoga, and control of the breath. But they cannot escape from the company of the five passions; they are increasingly bound to egotism. ||1||”

(Ang 641-42).

2657442476_dcf10ac7f1.jpg

2656615061_53c3257191.jpg

2651023829_ede43f493c.jpg

2657443992_f299d392ef_b_d.jpg

No response, but i think a more detailed response is in order.

Just like someone plays basketball or any other sport, these Sikhs do yoga. You can find spirituality in any action you do, maybe it helps them. In terms of Sikhi they all believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and are practicing Sikhs.

We aren't antarjami so we shouldn't judge their actions. We can go on and on and use Gurbani quotes to justify our positions but it won't matter because both sides will think they are right.

Let's just focus on ourselves and praise them as brothers and sister Sikhs. For all we know they are dancing out of love for being Sikhs, Guru Ji and Guru Ji's teachings.

Thing is, looking from outside in at our Panjabi-Sikh community (all of it, not just the bits you personally like/agree with), it must appear as if we are this group with not only distinct religious practices but also other cultural practices including folk music and dance.

I think they are trying to emulate this?

I would also venture a guess to say that that western hedonistic 'paradigm' still exists in them, so they don't actually see having fun through music/dance as morally/ethically wrong. I would imagine some of them probably see it as quite wholesome compared to what goes on in wider white society?

Whatever the case, jumping on our own high horse when our own Panjabi based samaaj is wreaked with nasha, infanticide, caste, corruption etc. just seems a bit weak?

Just an opinion. If you don't agree that's fine, just put your counterpoints across intelligently and respectfully please. No need to throw bricks at each other over this.

Thing is, looking from outside in at our Panjabi-Sikh community (all of it, not just the bits you personally like/agree with), it must appear as if we are this group with not only distinct religious practices but also other cultural practices including folk music and dance.

I think they are trying to emulate this?

I would also venture a guess to say that that western hedonistic 'paradigm' still exists in them, so they don't actually see having fun through music/dance as morally/ethically wrong. I would imagine some of them probably see it as quite wholesome compared to what goes on in wider white society?

No, they understand the clear dichotomy between the two.

With that said, having fun is not wrong. We are not all-knowing antarjami so we have no right to judge or put them down.

The Gore are just doing, what Punjabis allready do....At least they are not drinking on those Yoga festivals...

HOw you gonna teach a Gora that this is not sikhi, if Sikhs (indian) are not acting like sikhs....

In some other threads i postet, where punjabis are dacining and singing waheguru.... so what you expect from gores?

Oh, I didn't know the Khalsa dances to celebrate, and enjoy themselves. :)

I always thought, they did extra Bani, Akhand Paaths, Sehaj Paaths.

Shaster Vidiya practise, Gatka practise, Horse-riding.

I must be mistaken <_<

Everyone's on a different level. We don't need to tell them what is right or wrong because inside they know and/or will find out eventually. They have a miri piri school set up in Amritsar where they do more gatka, shaster vidiya, bani, ghord sawari than a lot of Sikhs would do on average.

Instead of looking at shoulds and shouldn'ts we should simply look at ourselves and people will automatically get inspired to follow. If we mud-sling at someone else and say they aren't the "right" kind of Sikhs we in turn hurt ourselves by judging them. If someone is deliberately doing something wrong that hurts the Sikh image or beadbi we should stick up to it with a truthful reply.

Of course they aren't perfect and may be doing some things that are wrong, but they are on the path of Sikhi and i have faith that good will come out of it. On top of that everyone makes mistakes and if they are the only one's singled out they will feel alienated and nothing will be done. If everyone focuses on his or her own jeevan everything will fall into place.

2679109651_f0eb98533c.jpg

Unity is all we need.