Is This Acceptable?

Khalasthan86

25 members have voted

1. 1. ACCEPTABLE?

• YESSSSSSS
    • NOOOOO

Are we going to end up with a distinctly Panjabi flavored Sikhi and a gora flavored Sikhi in future?

Or will we eventually merge?

I think one way these guys have an advantage over us is a distinct lack of backwards pendu mentality like our lot with caste and female infanticide for example. But then they bring in stuff that many of us think is seriously off key, like gay Sikh weddings.

I wonder if we will have exchange programs to experience how the other half live? If I was at that dancing to kirtan thing, I think I'd be seriously conflicted to say the least. It actually seemed like one of those old school raves where people were on ecstasy. lol

But I do think we need to cheer up a bit as a quom. We can be a bit excessively serious sometimes. But then we have to watch out we don't become a bunch of clowns, which is already happening in the UK from what I've seen.

WJKK WJKF

I actually really like the first video, theres nothing wrong with it, its a form of exercise for the ladies...even the pictures show there is no man present, and it looks like its private gathering like a party or wedding, with just ladies, and not in public exposing themselves to ppl they dont know.

If an amritdhari wants to dance to punjabi music so what, are they suppose to not go to a relatives wedding and sit quietly at the back and close their eyes? Arent they allowed to be happy? Arent they allowed to mix with their relatives...coz to me that is prejudice then.

As long as they do their path and dont drink or eat meat, and anything that is very bad thats wat that matters in my opnion.

also agree with westlondon and bundha paji, i myself am a lady and find it pathetic reading what some ppl have wrote. No wonder our children dont want to come into sikhi, as with soo much strictness its driving them away completely.

thankuji

Nothing wrong going on, even if it's not my cup of tea. Some of you guys would scare away anyone who wanted to know about Sikhi. Also, as one Singh mentioned above, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

Sometimes whether we see something as good or bad is more a reflection of our own inner state than reality. Whether or not something is 'acceptable' is also usually a personal view - many of us would find very high speed, loud, almost violent kirtan or simran unacceptable etc.

Chill:

ਮਃ ੫ ॥

Ma 5 ||

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਭੇਟਿਐ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਵੈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ॥

Naanak Sathigur Bhaettiai Pooree Hovai Jugath ||

O Nanak, meeting the True Guru, one comes to know the Perfect Way.

ਹਸੰਦਿਆ ਖੇਲੰਦਿਆ ਪੈਨੰਦਿਆ ਖਾਵੰਦਿਆ ਵਿਚੇ ਹੋਵੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ॥੨॥

Hasandhiaa Khaelandhiaa Painandhiaa Khaavandhiaa Vichae Hovai Mukath ||2||

While laughing, playing, dressing and eating, he is liberated. ||2||

Young Amritdhari guys and galls are encouraged not to fraternise yet when it comes to marriage we all complain that we cannot find a match for our amritdahri girl or boy.

Where can our young amritdhari guys and galls meet?

They do not eat meat or do sharaab so they cannot meet in pubs and clubs, we always point waggly fingers at those at rehansbais and kirtan smagams who may talk outside. Yet we want an amritdhari match for our daughter or son.

Surly if we organised events maybe on similar lines to the photos posted at the beginning of this thread where like minded young people can come together have a good time with a view to being matched up would be a positive thing. Amritdhari boys and girls need to somehow get together else how are we going to find matches for them?

They should NEVER meet until the wedding day.

Yes! It should be like my parents wedding, where mum didn't get to see dad's face until halfway through the ceremony....