5k's

Akalbir

Sat Sri Akal!

I have a friend who is thinking of embracing Sikhism. He is asking questions to be convinced of keeping the 5k's. He says there is really nothing that specificaly says one should wear 5k's in SGGS and I think he's right. He gave a quote from SGGS of:

when bagat Kabir says one can shave off all the hair or leave it.

I have explanied about obediance to the Guru and that the Guru said to wear them. For some reason he needs some proof of reasons to wear them. I explained that many people have speculated as to the benefits and practical reasons. These however are just speculations. I don't know what to tell him short of. Gurudev said wear them so we do. He has his reasons for it. We don't need to know them.

akalbir

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Please go to http://www.proudtobesikh.com . On the right hand side there is a heading Gurbani Viakhia Sahit that has lectures by Gyani Sant Singh Jee Maskeen. Under that, listen to the one entitled Kakaar. It should clear up everything hopefully.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

akalbir jee, you should try to post this on gursikhijeevan. theres this one poster on there named 'vijaydeep singh', hes very good with this kind of stuff and im sure he would answer your questions.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest mehtab
vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

akalbir jee, you should try to post this on gursikhijeevan. theres this one poster on there named 'vijaydeep singh', hes very good with this kind of stuff and im sure he would answer your questions.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I emailed him long back. He was a Hindu and took Amrit ^_^^_^^_^^_^mellow.gif

-endemo-->