Has Anyone Started Uni A Second Time

Guest singh

Guest singh

Gur Fateh

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has dropped out of uni in their/ after their second year and started a diff course from year 1? How did you find the process? Was applying to the second uni difficult because you dropped out after two years of a different course? More importantly how did you avoid your parents juthey??

Please help me out I'm not enjoying (read as hating) or doing very well in my current course and was wondering if starting again with something I enjoy (and as a result probably do better at) would be a good idea?

Waheguru ! This is most terrible time in life of any student ! I have not went through what you mentioned , but I did failed in last year of my B.Sc ( computer science ) and reappeared only for majors in october again .... Good luck .. May Waheguru be your support !

Guest uni

Gur Fateh

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has dropped out of uni in their/ after their second year and started a diff course from year 1? How did you find the process? Was applying to the second uni difficult because you dropped out after two years of a different course? More importantly how did you avoid your parents juthey??

Please help me out I'm not enjoying (read as hating) or doing very well in my current course and was wondering if starting again with something I enjoy (and as a result probably do better at) would be a good idea?

What university and course are you doing? what do you want to change too?

Guest singh

What university and course are you doing? what do you want to change too?

I'm studying law at the moment and want to change to history.

Lawyers have hard enough time finding training contracts how do you expect to get a job with history degree? Are you doing a degree for the sake of doing a degree?

What is the reason that you want to study history? Have you thought about what profession you want to go into? We used to call degrees like history colouring in degrees because majority of the student end up doing something totally unrelated to the degree in their professional life.

I'm studying law at the moment and want to change to history.

I have a friend who dropped out of studying Medicine at Imperial to study History..and that was in the second year. I was like.."are you out of your mind?! IMPERIAL! MEDICINE!!" But she hated it and it wasn't what she wanted to do. Honestly, if you don't enjoy Law, there is absolutely no point continuing with it. Also, don't just drop out and then suddenly announce it to your family. Talk to them beforehand and let them see that you're unhappy and not doing very well as a result. That would probably be the best way to avoid getting battered (I should know, I'm a pro haha)

:-)

Guest singh

Lawyers have hard enough time finding training contracts how do you expect to get a job with history degree? Are you doing a degree for the sake of doing a degree?

What is the reason that you want to study history? Have you thought about what profession you want to go into? We used to call degrees like history colouring in degrees because majority of the student end up doing something totally unrelated to the degree in their professional life.

Either teaching, civil service or do some HR postgrad after and go into that field. I wanted to do history in the first place but for some silly reasons I ended up doing Law. With the law degree you can't even go into teaching as a back up and as you said the competition for training contracts is so hard, I'm not very hopefully about my own prospects in this respect tbh.

Guest singh

I have a friend who dropped out of studying Medicine at Imperial to study History..and that was in the second year. I was like.."are you out of your mind?! IMPERIAL! MEDICINE!!" But she hated it and it wasn't what she wanted to do. Honestly, if you don't enjoy Law, there is absolutely no point continuing with it. Also, don't just drop out and then suddenly announce it to your family. Talk to them beforehand and let them see that you're unhappy and not doing very well as a result. That would probably be the best way to avoid getting battered (I should know, I'm a pro haha)

:-)

Thanks alot for that.. bloody hell my degree and uni is nothing compared to medicine at imperial. lol im nowhere near that position I could just drop out and then tell them, my rents are totally involved in my education 24/7 but they just don't beleive me when I say law just isn't my subject, they say nothing is that great that you like it and its not hard, plus I live at home. To me its so much more logical that I do something I will achieve a better degree grade in rather than stick with this just cuz of two years and its supposedly better rep. Not really a difference if this degree clasiifcation could better. aahh this is so frustrating.

i had to drop out of college in my first semester, and im trying to get back in as well, so i know wat ur going thru , i would say just go for it, if u really want to get back into school, it doesnt matter if u start frum yr 1 or watever just go .

i know thats what im doing :)

If you want to do history do it, breaking away from the norm isn't a bad thing. Look into ppe you may be interested in that aswell. I'm just completing my deg but I'm switching into something totally different going to work/learn/get paid and work my way up and study on the side. Sometimes change is all you need. Goodluck, apply before places are filled, also change this year (they might be able to take you on as a second year student) do it now coz next year the fees are going up