Aashikee Section

Guest tere chaped maaraan

i know i've been posting blunt posts in Punjabi, so this 1 is gonna be in english...

to be honest, im sick and disgusted to see romance related messages on a Sikh forum...i mean what the heck yaar...come on!...these creatures, whoever they are, they didn't give a damn about Sikhi to begin with...if they did, they wouldn't have ended up in any of the situations they whine about...so why do they now come asking help on a Sikh forum? why don't they seek professional counselling? what are we to do about their situation/condition? i don't think anyone here is a professional counsellor, or has the ability to be one, unless im wrong...if there is someone, please have the admins put your email on the banner so that the thrashed lovers can contact u directly and not post under Gupt section...from what i remember, the Gupt section started out for people who wanted to discuss issues they'd rather discuss privately and anonymously...we used to have posts about family problems or other personal issues where one's Sikhi was affected...or kaam related problems affecting a Sikh's avastha...or other health issues that a guy or girl was uncomfortable discussing with someone in person...we discussed things that were more or less OUT OF OUR HANDS...but what the heck is this new rotten trend? this romance garbage! that is definitely in the hands of these $tupid youngsters who don't care about religion and culture initially, and then come running and whining to Sikhsangat once they are "heart-broken"...then all of a sudden they want advice from GurSikhs...all of a sudden they want to know what Gurbani says...well if they had that much sense, where did they leave it to hibernate when they were getting into this "romantic" quicksand?

therefore back to my question...can we have a separate section for these kutt khaade laila majnu? or just refrain from entertaining them by even allowing them at all? as i said earlier, we do not have much people posting in threads related to Gurbani or Sikh history...but u catch any thread about an idi0t who wants insurance for a damaged heart, and BOOM everyone becomes an advisor...yes yes myself included...i mean think about it...if these m0r0n$ had read about Gurbani and Sikh history, do u think they'd be stuck in romantic junk? say they still got stuck, im sure their knowledge of Gurbani and Sikh history would help them get over it or out of it, and not become a cry baby on Sikhsangat...

since i can't help it, this post will as usual end up in Punjabi...jad Gurbani parr'ni nai...Sikhaan da itihaas parr'na nai...mundeya/kurriya magar ka**arpuna shadd'na nai, fer rovo behke apni jaan nu...Sikhsangat ne tuhade dil de jakhma te mallam loun da thhekka nai leya hoya...aithe koi cardiac surgeon hanige...oye marjaaneyo ikk vaari Guru naal jurr ke te dekho...ikk vaari Gurbani parr'ke te dekho...ikk vaar Sikh itihaas phol ke ta dekho...matha pittna tusi, vi kithe fassey hoye si...

ajj mai saare ranjheyaan te saariyaan heeraan, saare majjnuaan te saariyaan lailavaan, saare mahiwalaan te saariyaan sohniyaan nu open challenge kardaan...vangaar'da haan...lalkaar'da haan...desi gaane shaddo...hindi/english/punjabi gaane shaddo...Gurbani keertan naal jurr'ke dekho...filmaan shaddo, hindi ya punjabi ya english...Sikh itihaas naal related movies ya videos dekho...ikk meehna karke dekho...je meehne baad tuhada nachan tappan nu jee keeta, ja girlfriend/boyfriend vaale ka**aupunay paase jaan nu jee kita...fer bhajj'ke jaake apna ser kandh ch maar ke ser paarr leyo...kyonki tuhanu Sikhaan de ghar jamman da koi feda nai...

I'm inclined to agree with you. But "stuff" happens and I think it's a good sign that people turn to Sikhi in times of turmoil. But yeah it does give the impression that Sikhs are sex/romance-crazed Heers and Ranjhe! It's just youngsters growing up and experiencing the ups-and-downs of life.

But then it does make you wonder on what basis these people have taken Amrit (those that are Gursikh). Surely they must be slightly more informed about the do's and dont's for Gursikhs?

2 rupees worths..

Although I fully understand the OP's sentiments, I think turning our backs on such people will only be detrimental. In the end if 1 out of every 20 Heers/Ranjhay, see sense and sort themselves out after visiting the forum and getting told what is what, then it is worth it. Besides, we already have a trend of ignoring that which we don't like which results in even bigger problems down the line for us.

Whether we like it or not, these kinds of issue aren't going to go away any time soon and are only likely to increase in the western diaspora. We have no option other than face it and learn to deal with it.

Why not stop complaining? It's a forum - if you don't want to read those posts, then don't.

I agree

and so many people still deny democracy . and where would diversity go if all people were the same , thought the same and did the same . The colour of life is in its variety

Creating such posts also helps people find out whats right for them in a way as long as they abide by what people here advise and in no way does the reputation of sikh sangat as a religious forum get undermined if people were to create such posts . There are so many sub forums on sikh sangat out of which there is only 1 on which people create such posts .This sets me thinking .Will Khalistan be a Theocracy or a democracy ?

Guest Guest

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with people posting their problems about their personal problems, e.g relationships, etc. But it's worrying when u get a gursikh or someone thats working towards that path caught up in bf/gf relationships. Yes it's worrying that they have got themselves in that situation, but one could say at least they are asking for advice to undo or fix such and such.

But what is totally unacceptable is when u have 'gursikhs' giving ridiculous advice. I'm not even going to go into some of the advice that iv seen posted here. Kaljug is bad as it is.

If I had any, I personally wouldn't post my personal problems on here. Some of the advice given regarding personal problems is whack, it's a complete joke. especially when the not so helping advice comes from 'gursikhs'. Gursikhs are slowly becoming too westernised in a way that (I'm sorry but it's tru) they them selves are totally wiping out Sikhi from within themselves, leading themselves astray and others around them away from Sikhi.

I'm sorry if I have intended anyone, that was not my intention.

I think it's better to have these issues out in the open, rather than having our youngsters go "underground" as it were. There's a part of me that does facepalm at some of the stuff I read, but then there's the other side of me which is trying not to be judgemental (a recent development lol), because I don't really know how the person with the problem is living their day to day life. That person could be a really decent guy / girl and they just need that little bit of understanding to overcome their problems.

Guest name

Why are you complaining? Dont read the threads then! Some people are not as CHARDI KALAA as you and get involved in these situations. There are people out there who have been so anti-dating, anti-talking to bibia etc...because they never had the chance to be in that position. Then when they get "stuck" in the same position, they stop complaining! We should help these kids out. Thats what a forum is for.

Why not stop complaining? It's a forum - if you don't want to read those posts, then don't.

Why are you complaining? Dont read the threads then! Some people are not as CHARDI KALAA as you and get involved in these situations. There are people out there who have been so anti-dating, anti-talking to bibia etc...because they never had the chance to be in that position. Then when they get "stuck" in the same position, they stop complaining! We should help these kids out. Thats what a forum is for.

so u guys are the ones who have been posting those messages? :p

hehe, just kidding!! :D

this is the reason i asked the owners of this forum to start a separate section for aashikee...kari jaao ohna nu advise...

by the way, how many of u ever bothered posting anything about Gurbani or Sikh history? or responding to 1 of such threads ever? u guys proved my point, and thanks a bunch! this is what i wanted to bring out...there are tons of posts in a "romantic" thread but nil in anything about Gurbani or Sikh history...now lets see if all of u do post in Gurbani or Sikh history related threads/topics...i hope that interests u folks as much as the romantic threads do...are u up for the challenge? if ur, then i will shut my mouth for good on any romance related topic that ever comes up in future...if not, then no one can shut me up...deal???

aahi dekhna chounda si mai...vi kinni ku mirchaan laggdiyaan...hunn Gurbani vaale threads ch apne anmol vichaar pargat karan da kasht karo pyaareyo...bohti advice detti aashikaan nu...hunn Gurmat vaare vi kush gallaan te chaanana poun di koshish karo...

chalo dekhde aa kaun agge aunda

esse bahaane menu vi GurSikhi baare kush sikhan nu miljuga

aashikee baare te crash course poora kar hee leya mai aithe aake