Free Sgpc, Sri Akal Takht Sahib From Political Parties!

osingh

Found news on tribuneindia.com, SGPC the highest, most respected gurdwara comittee for sikh panth,

closed its office as a mark of respect for surinder kaur badal following her death:

Cutting across party lines, leaders express grief

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, May 24

SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar has expressed sorrow at the demise of CM's wife Surinder Kaur. "She supported her husband throughout his political career and helped him to achieve success", he said, recalling that she had initiated a unique campaign to serve at Sri Guru Ramdas Langar at the Golden Temple.

The SGPC offices and its educational institutions will remain closed tomorrow as a mark of respect to the deceased.

Kanwar Pal Singh of the Dal Khalsa, Harpal Singh Cheema of the SAD (Panch Pardhani), Khalsa Action Committee chairman Mohkam Singh and Baba Baljit Singh Daduwal have also expressed grief at the death.

==

Also as you can see above it is reported Baba Baljit Singh and other panthic organistions expressed grief at death of surinder kaur. Theres no point discussing life of surinder kaur now, like all of us, she will be judged

by dharam rai. I have great respect for Baba Baljit singh and above mentioned organistions they are all contributing to panth fighting panthic issues, especially Baba Baljit Singh ji speaking out against jhoota sauda openly

in his diwans, visiting and giving money to shaheed familys etc.

Whats so frustrating is why CLOSE SGPC OFFICES AND INSTUTIONS?!?! For the death of the wife of chief minister?!?!

For wife of Chief Minister Parkash Badal, SGPC closes its offices and instutions.For wife of Badal, Jathedar of Akal Takht

performs ardas. For wife of Chief Minister Badal, jathedar Akal Takht gives speech on ptc news.

I ask you question, Sadh Sangat ji!!

Tell me what did Jathedar Makkar, Jathedar Akal Takht, Shiromoni Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee do as a 'MARK OF RESPECT' when Bhai Sohan Singh ji and Shaminder Singh Shera were tortured and killed by police? Which Jathedar attended their funeral? Which Jathedar performed ardas at their funeral? Who closed their offices? Which jathedar comes on tv to talk to panth for these shaheed singhs? Or are only chief ministers granted this privelage?

Shaminder-Singh-Shera.jpgbhai-sohanjit-singh.jpg

We keep talking about freedom, khalistan, justice. We need to start at the route of problem, which I think is SGPC. How can we get

good gursikhs into SGPC? How can we free SGPC from being controlled by political parties?

Imagine if the SGPC president had leader like bhai amolak singh(akj)!! Alas!! Maharaj kirpa karo!! we need a leader who will serve

the panth not politics.

Who would you elect to SGPC president?

How can we make the SGPC an independent panthic institution?

What are the solutions sangat ji!

waheguru ji ka khalsa! waheguru ji ki fateh!

Good post, it's true that there is some influence that hinders growth of Punjab through all aspects. Punjab is at loss from every side possible, both dharam, psychological and economically.I'd elect any of the nice and respectful people on SikhSangat, seriously. A lot of people here do care.

Truth is, it looks like we have lost our balls as a quom and we all sit and watch the drama, completely disfranchised from what goes on in our defining/premiere institutes.

What kills it is that it is one of our own sitting on the throne = completely oblivious to any of the desires/wishes of the rank and file. Maharajah Ranjit Singh may have drunk, took drugs and womenised but he gave people security, prosperity and a positive sense of pride (as opposed to the obnoxious egoist type).

Today's leader has horse shows whilst Panjab sinks ever lower. I don't even want to mention the umpteen issues we have in our homeland.

Despite it all, we still have to keep our heads up. Chardi kala and that.

Me personally, I couldn't care one fraction of a toss about Sikh polity now - all it has done is consistently disappoint and demoralise. I'd rather focus on the deep, beautiful, inspired poetry we've inherited. That never fails to lift one's spirit.