History Teacher

Guest gupt

Gurfateh jio, I know this is not sikhi related but I thought maybe there might be history teachers or anyone else who may be able to help on this forum. Basically I am a law undergraduate but I want to become a history teacher (secondary school), has anyone followed this route? I am concerned that the pgce providers will not accept me because my degree is not related closely enough to history. If this is the case would doing a postgrad such as a masters in History enable me to get onto a history pgce?

Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Gurfateh jio, I know this is not sikhi related but I thought maybe there might be history teachers or anyone else who may be able to help on this forum. Basically I am a law undergraduate but I want to become a history teacher (secondary school), has anyone followed this route? I am concerned that the pgce providers will not accept me because my degree is not related closely enough to history. If this is the case would doing a postgrad such as a masters in History enable me to get onto a history pgce?

Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Wahe Guru ji da Khalsa Wahe Guru ji di fateh

Paa jee, teaching is a very noble profession and there are so many of our youth, who would benefit from you directly if you taught them. As for the PGCE, the best place to do it and yes it does depend on where you do your PGCE is the Institute of Education. As for your degree it depends how many of your modules had a history element to them. If over 40% did you can teach history. If not history you can Citizenship and even RE! As for doing a post grad that would be certainly guarantee you entry.

If you need any more information brother, just give me a shout.