What Does This Mean?

Guest Confused Singh

Guest Confused Singh

Basically i've been amritdhari for almost 3 years now. Over course of the first 1 and half years since I've been amritdhari my sikhi was at its peak, I was getting alot of anand from bani and with mahraaj di kirpa I was able to get for amrit vela at the same time everyday without the need of an alarm to wake me up. As time went on i started to break away from sikhi (no bujjer kurehits) . I would spend time watching tv and playing xbox rather then do seva or listen to bani in free time. I started to get later and later rising for my amrit vela each day. This went on for quite a few almost over a year but with guru's i never stopped going to the gurdwara although the time a spent there was significantly reduced. I just felt that I had no one in this world that was there for me and started to feel really depressed.

A few months ago I had dream I was being chased by this black figure who was very tall and and had a muscular build,I found in myself in a a room with only me and him. I just stood still really scared and worried to what going to happen as this figure began to approach me. I looked to the left and then to the right and saw no one there to help me.I looked back at the figure and saw that it had started to retreat with a look of fear on its face. I was really confused to what had happen, so I looked back and saw guru gobind singh ji standing there just looking at the figure with deep concentration. I looked back towards the figure and had gone and then turned to look at guru ji again but guru ji had also gone.....

Since then my love for sikhi has began to grow again and starting to back to how is use to be....

I just wanted to know if anyone has any idea what that black figure was???????? I had in giani takhur singh ji's katha that kaljug is complelty black in colour or could be the jamdoot.........im just really confused?????

The black figure could've been a physically (within the dream) realised form of the malaise that you described. All it needed was for Guru Ji to drive away whatever darkness was near and around you, for you to find your way back onto the path, as it were. Be careful though - it doesn't necessarily mean you were hounded by an actual demon or anything like that. Like I said, it could've been just a manifest representation of your laziness or your apathy, but presented in a form that your mind would understand.

All those times when you did wake up early for amritvela and spend your time absorbed in goodness, well that kamai meant you were entitled to protection from Guru Ji. You're a lucky guy. There's many ups and downs when trying to sort your life out. The incident you described may have been one of those "downs" that you had to "defeat" in order to progress.

It was a demon/ soul that had become black. Dreams are as real as real life, we live in an illusion maya and dreams are the same thing hence the reason they can feel so real. Do naam simran, Guru Ji protected you for a reason.

P.s I used to have dreams like this all the time and Baba Nanak saved me in a few of them. Also used to happen when I was half awake and I got saved a few times then aswell. Keep going, you're being encouraged, my experiences pushed me to go further down the path, they're blessings that come when needed.

Guest confused singh

Thank you all for your replies. I'm not a blessed a soul, guru ji just took pity on me. I didnt even have much faith in mahraaj before the dream.

But you do see Guru Ji/ God every single day every single second, in the trees, the sky, your family and friends, in His hukam, in the chair and He is everywhere, His naam is everywahere in every single little thing.

We get darshans every moment, we're just so attached to other darshans that we forget he is here always. God says no attachments so when we see get darshan, we don;t get attached, we move forward becuase we realise he's everywhere and there is nothing to get attached ti except Him.