Help Me Configure The Beefiest Pc

Fateh All,

Papi Built a PC few months back so I figured I will do the same and post here for advice. I need a new desktop machine which can run VM's or allows hardware based virtualisation (probably the same?). Basically, I want to be able to create virtual machines with different OS's and software installed on them and still be able to use them so each machine will have a good amount of ram and cpu cores. I need this for testing software like sharepoint etc.

Now that you know the core requirement here is the budget.

£1000 is the budget.

I have found this processor: http://ark.intel.com...t.aspx?id=52585 top of the range I think,

Intel® Core™ i7-990X Processor Extreme Edition

(12M Cache, 3.46 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI)

I think I can pick one up for around 350 GBP.

Please recommend the configurations based on the requirements. I want to be able to run atleast two VM's concurrently.

Balait

Since you will be doing development work primarily in Windows, I would say install Windows Server 2008 R2 on the box. You can use then use Hyper V to make many VMs (only Windows of course). Microsoft has done a really good job with Hyper V. We have been using it at work for a few months now and have not seen any issues at all.

Make sure you get plenty of RAM